May 06, 2024, 07:45:07 PM

Author Topic: Can I Shift enchantment (or enchantment transfusion) onto the origonal target?  (Read 2038 times)

BoomFrog

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
If yes, than there are two tricks I can think of:

A mage has rhino hide, no other armor and two corrosion markers.  Shift enchantment the rhino hide back onto himself to remove the corrosion.

A creature has eagle wings and maim wings.  Shift the eagle wings back to the same creature renewing the 'timestamp' of the eagle wings making it the latest enchantment and thus overriding the maim wings.

Shift Enchant's text: "Move target enchantment you control to a new legal target."  So I'm guessing the word new means this does not work.

However Enchantment Transfusion's text reads: "When enchantment transfusion is revealed you may move any enchantment you control from this creature to one legal target creature up to 2 zones away from this creature."  So I believe these tricks do work with enchantment transfusion.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
FAQ page 34 states they can not be moved to the same creature they are already on with enchantment transfusion. Shift enchantment, as you noticed, very clearly specifies a new creature as well. Thus neither is valid for that tactic.

They have plenty of other uses and tricks though.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2014, 09:36:30 PM by Zuberi »