May 06, 2024, 10:53:31 AM

Author Topic: Team treated as a single player controlling multiple mages?  (Read 1898 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Team treated as a single player controlling multiple mages?
« on: December 13, 2013, 03:51:38 PM »
I'm curious about all of what this entails. The rulebook says it means that teams have to communicate, can only have one copy of a unique object in play (per team not per player), and that the rule about enchantments applies the same as always.

If the rulebook was merely saying that each team can only have one copy of a unique object in play at a time, then why didn't they just say that? Do teams have unified spellbook building, like not having more than six copies of a level 1 named spell in all the team's spellbooks combined? What about cards that would return a card to its owner's spellbook, like jinx? Can they choose the spellbook it returns to since all the players on a team are treated like one player? What does it mean to be treated like one player? I feel like I'm missing a lot of info here.

Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: Team treated as a single player controlling multiple mages?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 04:10:03 PM »
In my interpretation, each spellbook is seperate - as if it was two separate players. Spells return to the spellbook they were originally cast from.

I think the reason they said that a team is like 1 player is for actions and enchantments. It prevents one team from having two Bear Strengths on a creature or from taking two actions consecutively unless the other team has no actions left at all. (as might happen if one mage on team B had only one creature, while all other mages had 3).