May 03, 2024, 12:04:47 AM

Author Topic: What other games do you like?  (Read 36049 times)

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: What other games do you like?
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2014, 06:01:55 AM »
Well,

Mage Wars is my top game, together with M.E.R.C.S. These two i play continually for months.

My new casual favourite is Trieste, Space Station and Wilderness.

I dont own or played tons of games but those i play i really like and often sacrifice a lot of time for them :)

Go Texico! What megacon do you play?

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2014, 08:33:11 AM »
Smash up, all of the deck builders by cryptizoic, munchking, eclipse, axis and allies, cults across america, cards against humanity.

dani20

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2014, 02:50:52 AM »
I also play Dungeon Command and miniature games from D&D (Castle Ravenloft etc.). I would like to play Paizo's Pathfinder, but I don't have a group of interested players for now. I used to play M:tG, but lately it required bigger and bigger investment of time and money, so I quit some time ago. Now I am a very happy Mage Wars player and it consumes almost all my free time, so I can't play anything else really :)
Please excuse my bad English :)

Death-from-above

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
  • This is some really personal text
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 08, 2014, 08:24:18 AM »
I have a long list of games I play but a short list of friend who will play with me.

Everything that everyone has posted all seem like fantastic games I would love to play in the future. The current games I find myself gravitating to is Risk and the Game of Thrones LCG and the board game. Ticket to Ride and Settlers of Catan are also up in the top of my gaming list.

Pretty much any games involving in-depth strategy is what I love. I also love Monopoly but no one will play with me because I take no prisoners  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Why am I not a banana?"
"Because your genetic code dictates that you are human. However it should please you to know that you share 50-60% of your DNA with a banana."
"Thanks man"
"Are you telling me that some people are 10% more banana than other people?"

Wise fool

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2014, 09:38:34 AM »
We have game nights about every other week.  My wife likes Alahambra, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Dominion, Tales of the Arabian Nights.  I like Mage Wars, Marvel Legendary Heroes, Duel of Ages II, Cosmic Encounter, Red Dragon Inn.

Of course, my favorite game was Pathfinder, but it's impossible to get the same group of people together even once every two weeks as adults, so Pathfinder went by the wayside.  Still have all my books, minis and maps, though. 

Only been to one con, Origins, but that was before the baby was born.  She's two this year.  We're thinking of getting back to Origins next year possibly.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 08, 2014, 10:03:11 AM »
We have game nights about every other week.  My wife likes Alahambra, Betrayal at House on the Hill, Dominion, Tales of the Arabian Nights.  I like Mage Wars, Marvel Legendary Heroes, Duel of Ages II, Cosmic Encounter, Red Dragon Inn.

Of course, my favorite game was Pathfinder, but it's impossible to get the same group of people together even once every two weeks as adults, so Pathfinder went by the wayside.  Still have all my books, minis and maps, though. 

Only been to one con, Origins, but that was before the baby was born.  She's two this year.  We're thinking of getting back to Origins next year possibly.

I love Origins. Even living in Indiana, it's my favorite con of the year. Such a fun atmosphere. Then there is Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams. I mean that's really why I go to Ohio.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2014, 02:08:44 PM »
Just picked up Cosmic Encounter 2 days ago and I've already played it like 5 times. I love it. Pretty random and chaotic, but in a fun, entertaining kind of way. Using alien powers is awesome.

& I love games where I'm supposed to lie and backstab people. It's always fun, as long as they remember it's just a game and don't get upset about it.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

barriecritzer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 18, 2014, 01:52:58 PM »
I just got into the X-wing minatures game.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 18, 2014, 04:24:18 PM »
Star Wars: X-wing is a fantastic game. I'm really looking forward to having some Z-95's.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 18, 2014, 04:33:14 PM »
I'm really looking forward to WizKid's implementation of the Flight Path system with D&D Attack Wing. Aerial combat with Dragons? Yes please.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 18, 2014, 05:00:07 PM »
It's pretty intriguing. We'll just have to see how it works out with dragons and troops.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 19, 2014, 03:56:06 AM »
Well,

Mage Wars is my top game, together with M.E.R.C.S. These two i play continually for months.

My new casual favourite is Trieste, Space Station and Wilderness.

I dont own or played tons of games but those i play i really like and often sacrifice a lot of time for them :)

Mostly CCC and FCC :) Texico is very cool on theme but my brother play them so there is no chance i will be a texico player :D
Go Texico! What megacon do you play?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

Sand Goblin

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 19, 2014, 05:03:54 AM »
Let's see.  My favorite game of all time is Summoner Wars, for a variety of reasons.  I also love BattleCON, Ascension, City of Remnants, and Heroscape.  I have a love for tactical games, though I enjoy any game with a player to player element.  I'm not the biggest fan of Euro games, because A, I'm a tactical games fan, and B, one of my friends is incredibly good at them and has never lost.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #28 on: May 23, 2014, 11:11:24 PM »
Here is the list of pretty much all the over 530 games I played at least once: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/Wildhorn?rated=1&subtype=boardgame&ff=1

My favorites are Mage Wars, Terra Mystica, Russian Rairoads, Carcasonne, Taluva, Quantum, Airlines Europe, Dice Town, Krosmaster Arena, and I am better to stop now else I might add 20 more games to my favorite list.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 24, 2014, 12:04:32 AM »
Wow, Agricola only got a 6! That is the only other game that has rated a 10 in my book, have a couple of hundred 2 players down on that one. Really do like Castles of Burgundy and Tzolk'in the blue skulls just rock! I agree that NHex is very well done on Android though some of the expansions are hard to win with or against. GOA/Purteo Rico type games I really like, the worker placement/resource management really tickles the strategy/tactics itch I like in my games.

No wonder I like Mage Wars you get all of the goodness of the euro style management games and you also get to yell "There can only be one!" at the end of the game as you watch you opponents head roll. Well that is how I see in my mind video....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest