May 11, 2024, 09:10:32 PM

Author Topic: Chivalrous Challange & Line of Sight  (Read 2003 times)

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Chivalrous Challange & Line of Sight
« on: January 23, 2017, 03:48:17 PM »
Ok I'm just double checking, but according to the rules it doesn't mention needing line of sight when the Paladin Activates his Chivalrous Challange. All it says is 2 spaces. So this is me double checking if line of sight is needed. In my logical opinion, I feel like it needs line of sight, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh, and in case you guys are wondering, I'm the one playing the Paladin in this game, hah---I just want to make sure I'm not cheating my opponent.

Thanks!

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalrous Challange & Line of Sight
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2017, 03:56:06 PM »
Ok I'm just double checking, but according to the rules it doesn't mention needing line of sight when the Paladin Activates his Chivalrous Challange. All it says is 2 spaces. So this is me double checking if line of sight is needed. In my logical opinion, I feel like it needs line of sight, but that doesn't seem to be the case.

Oh, and in case you guys are wondering, I'm the one playing the Paladin in this game, hah---I just want to make sure I'm not cheating my opponent.

Thanks!

Without seeing the text as written: if the word target is in it you need line of sight. If not you might be right.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalrous Challange & Line of Sight
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2017, 04:01:41 PM »
bigfatchef is correct. Chivalrous Challenge says you may place it on a target enemy creature within 2 zones. Page 14 of the Supplement tells us that targeting requires three things, one of which is Line of Sight. So any time you see the word target, one of the things it means is that you must have line of sight.

Chicken the God

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Chivalrous challenge & Line of Sight
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2017, 04:02:40 PM »
Yeah, the word target is there---sweet, that's makes more sense to me. Seemed weird making a 'chivalrous' challenge though a wall---sounds more like a 'cowardly' Challenge