May 26, 2024, 11:47:40 PM

Author Topic: Smallzhao's Frenzy Necromancer  (Read 6554 times)

Kelanen

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Smallzhao's Frenzy Necromancer
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2016, 03:21:01 PM »
I think you play in a very different metagame - a Grizzly (even a pet) is focussed down in 1 round or 2 - they are easy to kill.

As to wanting more damage in one creature that can only imply you see a lot of armour, and very few defenses, Reverse Attacks, etc. Personally I always keep an opponent on zero armour when I am going for the kill.

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2016, 04:46:45 PM »
ב"ה
I think you play in a very different metagame - a Grizzly (even a pet) is focussed down in 1 round or 2 - they are easy to kill.
You are probably correct about the different metagame.
And if my opponent focus everything to kill my pet grizzly (with 2 acid balls, several melee atacks and probably a rock or boulder), all the better fro the birds. If my mage's 5th turn is acid ball+bird (or bird+basic melee attack if opponent didn't bring armor yet), and my opponent spend his 2 actions for 2 acid balls or rust+acid ball on my grizzly (as well as his creatures attacks), even if my bear is going to be hurled a rock/boulder at next turn's first quickcast all my opponent actually did was giving my birds more time to attack him.
Both times I used this strategy against a zombie necromancer, the necromancer died before the big creature, and the game ended on turn 6 (before I finished attacking with all of my creatures in that turn).

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2016, 05:00:26 PM »
Big guys get either focussed down or (mostly) will be played around. In both cases, the 3 extra life will not make a world of difference. Trying to focus down level 1 or 2 creatures with 3 extra life makes it relatively much harder.

Each time you summon a new pet, the opponent needs to deal the 3 damage again. So instead of gaining 3 life on your grizzly, you can gain 9 life over 3 creatures.

The length it stays alive is pretty irrelevant for a pet.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2016, 11:28:27 PM »
At risk of fueling an off-topic discussion, I'd like to point out that you can't legally make Redclaw or Cervere or Makunda a pet since it must be non-Legendary. Same would apply to Tarraki or Sosruko, for those in favour of a cheap minor creature pet.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Super Sorcerer

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2016, 12:54:00 AM »
ב"ה

At risk of fueling an off-topic discussion
we already went from "how to fight a zombie necromancer" (the answer is "rushing him") to "how to best rush with a beastmaster", so we can't really go more off topic  :)

I'd like to point out that you can't legally make Redclaw or Cervere or Makunda a pet since it must be non-Legendary. Same would apply to Tarraki or Sosruko, for those in favour of a cheap minor creature pet.
Right you are, I misplayed that one. I will note to myself for future wolf packs.