May 07, 2024, 08:08:56 AM

Author Topic: Arcane Duels - 1 VS 1 match with Battlegrounds Domination  (Read 7553 times)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Duels - 1 VS 1 match with Battlegrounds Domination
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 03:04:20 AM »
when will we see next part? ;) I hate those situations where the more dice don't kill the slakk while the lower do, hurl bolder vs minotour, it juts results in a 4mana and two vtar difference in that case, but with the hindering tiles, position control pays out even more, if on round two the force master would have pulled the wizard to the right ;) so probably delayed orb controll by one round (same idea as jet stream)

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 04:32:00 AM »
Oh just you wait, I made a few misplays but there was one part in particular that was a very controversial move. I even say in the video that a lot of people will probably argue with the maneuver (since I saw three different possibilities) but I wanted to see how it would pan out. Stay tuned, hopefully it will be out Friday!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 04:50:11 AM »
i see the wizard clear up, he will have 2 v'tar, with arcane zap and hurl boulder probably will get another orb and then has 5'vtar next round, but we'll see

This video again made me think how cool the free spells like pull and arcane zap are, as it is a rather fast play at least on 9 v'tar goal, it gives you more options, for the ok slakk did survive cases... and pulling with the hindering zones, hurts.

What where your 3 options? i see the one you did, pull the wizard and charge in with the minotour for 6dice and the third.

It would really be interessting how fast mages could die. with the 5 already damage from the pit and the minotour, then maybe a wall of force to delay the capturing of more orbs. would be interessting

on 9'vtar maps it might not be really possible to win by kill, but later depends on how much hindering...

looking forward to the rest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 12:22:29 PM »
Hey guys!

Just letting you know here is the second and final part of the 1vs1 Domination video!
--------------------------------->https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8G7xptDU0bQ
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Sabrath_Kell

• Official Loremaster of Etheria
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • @ArraxCrown on Twitter
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 12:59:45 PM »
But why would we trust the warlock? ;-)

Oh that stings ;) Typical White Spires propaganda.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

iNano78

• Ambassador
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • Playing face-to-face in Ottawa again soon
    • View Profile
    • Ottawa/Gatineau Mage Wars (FB group)
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 01:07:16 PM »
Is it just me, or did Coshade get a V'tar during Round 5 upkeep despite not controlling any orbs?

Nevermind.  Just noticed Galaxxus.

I realize Intangible was about to concede anyway, but instead of passing that last full action, he could have punched that orb to take away another V'tar (on top of the Hammer'ed Galaxxus).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 01:24:07 PM by iNano78 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 04:32:04 PM »
no he was stuned so he couldnt have taken the orb, but he could have pulled the jelly to the zone?

that way he would have been on 7 v'tar vs 4 v'tar both controlling 1, then forcehammer and supression or suppresion and galaxus leading two 7 vs 5 maybe...

nevertheless by just seeing how many mana the forcemaster has currently, you see how strong the wizards tower or other spawnpoint/familar is, as you quite often need your melee attack for the orbs so you are starved on actions

just to the game maybe using the minotour twice attacking the wizard instead of the orbs might have put some pressure and at same time walling off the wizardstower, cool match up
« Last Edit: July 24, 2015, 04:40:54 PM by Mystery »

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2015, 04:37:05 PM »
Mystery, All were possible  ;)

I looked at the situation with three possibilities.
  • Continue to grab orbs and when I'm done start to contest his. This wouldn't work because he would be at least one turn ahead and that would give him a clear advantage.
  • Try to kill him/his tower and forget about gaining V'tar. I didn't think this would work though because 9 V'tar really isn't that much and it sneaks up on you quickly.
  • Immediately contest what he controlled and try to outmaneuver him as a Forcemaster. Things were going somewhat well, but then my Forcemaster found herself all alone. The Minotaur failed me, and for that, his body was absorbed into Voltari.

Needless to say, it was a challenge and a learning experience.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2015, 02:27:59 PM »
I think domiation has it's own variation of "aggro" and "control" than regular mw does.

max aggro: destroy the sslaks as fast as possible and claim orbs quickly. use galaxus and gain an early lead.

max control: prevent opponent from getting any orbs by destroying or debuffing his creatures (or buffing sslaks), stall them from getting points from any orbs they do control, and build up your own points more gradually throughout this. The benefit of a more controlling strategy is that you don't need to control as many orbs at once, so instead of double hitting your opponent's orbs to steal them, you can often just hit them once to turn them off.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.