May 07, 2024, 07:52:50 AM

Author Topic: Controller & Charm  (Read 3952 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Controller & Charm
« on: April 16, 2013, 11:15:23 PM »
My understanding is that a "controller" is one of the players. I am trying to figure out whether the Charm card prevents attacks against the mage only (being an extension of the player), or against all of that player's cards in play, or against something else (for example, attacks against conjurations are ok whereas attacks against mage and creatures are not).

Any thoughts? The way I interpret it, this means that no card controlled by the charming mage can be attacked... but I am a new player, so I can't be certain.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Controller & Charm
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 11:20:18 PM »
Charm only protects the mage that controls it. His creatures and conjurations are fair game.

Cosworth

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2013, 01:13:49 AM »
Pg 40 "Controller" clearly states that Controller is the same as "player" so nothing under the players control can be attacked.
Perhaps worthy of a FAQ entry though.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2013, 08:48:33 AM »
Controller and Controlled are two different things. The controller is the Mage, a Gorgon is controlled by the Mage. It can be charmed by your mage and not be able to attack him, but he still could attack other objects in the arena.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 11:52:45 AM by sIKE »
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2013, 10:31:51 AM »
Sike and Tac with the double team.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Cosworth

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2013, 10:33:40 AM »
It is problematic to use the words mage, controller & player interchangeably on cards or in the rules.
After rereading definitions of "Controller" & "Mage" it would seem that the player, as represented by his Mage, is the Controller of the charm spell. Therefore the charmed creature may attack anything but the opposing Mage (and vice versa).
I stand corrected

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2013, 05:11:49 PM »
If you have any other questions please ask.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage