May 07, 2024, 06:00:17 AM

Author Topic: Teleport into Tanglevine?  (Read 3440 times)

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Teleport into Tanglevine?
« on: April 07, 2013, 08:42:11 PM »
Here are a few questions revolving around the main thought of whether a creature can be teleported into a tanglevine:

1) [strike]Must a tanglevine have a target to entangle when it is cast?[/strike] Target is corporeal creature, so no.

2) Does a tanglevine go away if its original victim gets teleported out?

3) Is it possible for something to be teleported into a tanglevine that does not currently hold a victim? I know that you can teleport something out of it, for example.

4) Would the tanglevine have to be one that you control to teleport something into it, or could you use your opponent's (unoccupied) tanglevine for this (presuming this is legal at all)?

As a side note, I am thinking that this might be an interesting tactic in temporarily incapacitating a flying creature. Thanks!
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
Re: Teleport into Tanglevine?
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2013, 09:34:27 PM »
The answer to your second question is yes the Tanglevine is discarded if its target is teleported out of it. Therefore the answer to your remaining questions is no.

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Teleport into Tanglevine?
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2013, 12:00:15 AM »
Quote from: "DaveW" post=10595
Here are a few questions revolving around the main thought of whether a creature can be teleported into a tanglevine:

1) [strike]Must a tanglevine have a target to entangle when it is cast?[/strike] Target is corporeal creature, so no.

2) Does a tanglevine go away if its original victim gets teleported out?

3) Is it possible for something to be teleported into a tanglevine that does not currently hold a victim? I know that you can teleport something out of it, for example.

4) Would the tanglevine have to be one that you control to teleport something into it, or could you use your opponent's (unoccupied) tanglevine for this (presuming this is legal at all)?

As a side note, I am thinking that this might be an interesting tactic in temporarily incapacitating a flying creature. Thanks!

2) Tanglevine is destroyed in such scenario.
3) No - Tanglevine have to be attached to it's target or it would be destroyed - so there would be no situation in which Tanglevine does not hold anything.
4) Irrelevant, because of 2) and 3)

Side note - yes - you can Knockdown/Slam/Stun flying creature and than put Tanglevine on it to prevent it from become flying again :D
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon