May 08, 2024, 12:05:48 AM

Author Topic: Mysterys "Vines Everywhere"  (Read 9466 times)

Donovan

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterys "Vines Everywhere"
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2016, 12:51:27 PM »
I'd say Enchantment Tranfusion is too powerful. It feels like you are using an exploit.

I'm in favor of Halewijn's suggestion to make it work on death of a creature like the artwork suggests. Perhaps a MUST REVEAL on death.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 31, 2016, 12:55:10 PM »
I'd say Enchantment Tranfusion is too powerful. It feels like you are using an exploit.

I'm in favor of Halewijn's suggestion to make it work on death of a creature like the artwork suggests. Perhaps a MUST REVEAL on death.

After rethinking it, I would say: Only when a creature dies or during the upkeep phase. Then you could still use it to change strategies during a game. But you can't use it anymore to exploit bear strength/cheetah speed/Lion savagery/wolf fury/... For a couple of mana you now can make absurd combo's with it. (That and the enchantment protections)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 31, 2016, 03:45:33 PM »
we had a playtester discussion concerning that, you guys need to play books with ET yourself it is not that easy. There are hard decissions with ET, but it never is OP.

If you use purge magic you use it at a minimum of 3 or 2 expensive enchantments, which will cost 3-4 to transfer +2 for casting ET, it also costs you another 2+3-4 to get it back, so even so your Purge magic failed you have almost no or no mana disadvantage and one action less. If you think about heavy DOT builds with this, just counter it with your own strategy have a well timed heal helps a lot or simply use purify/remove curse. If the oponent uses ET he is in an aroudn 10-12 mana disadvantage or lets it trough. And you can work against the ET simply by using a seeking dispel.

There is a direct counter to ET

also your absurd combos with lion, bear wolf fury (so 5dice,pierc2) for 5mana. You can have pierce 4 4dice with a sacrified meheggadon also for 6mana.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 01, 2016, 01:18:24 AM »
Mgheddon is a full action to cast and costs 4 spellbookpoints + you need to invest in the altar. Not really the same thing.  ???

It's not about the action disadvantage with purge, but that you lose your only purge to it. Again, I'm not calling it overpowered, I just really dislike the card and I do think it is crazy strong. I would prefer the card getting errata, but I'm not saying it is necessary to "fix the game". (Big difference with what I said/thought during the wizard discussions)

In other words: Mystery, I know you are right but I don't like it that you are right. Maybe I'm a bit biased towards the card.  :P
« Last Edit: September 01, 2016, 02:13:13 AM by Halewijn »

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2016, 02:19:45 AM »
Mgheddon is a full action to cast and costs 4 spellbookpoints + you need to invest in the altar. Not really the same thing.  ???

It's not about the action disadvantage with purge, but that you lose your only purge to it. Again, I'm not calling it overpowered, I just really dislike the card and I do think it is crazy strong. I would prefer the card getting errata, but I'm not saying it is necessary to "fix the game". (Big difference with what I said/thought during the wizard discussions)

two ETs cost you also 4 spellbook points.

But in a way without ET you loose your only curses to Purge magic, just include another purge magic or as said use purify or dont give a shit about DOT books and heal at the right time to give your own strategy the time it needs

In other words: Mystery, I know you are right but I don't like it that you are right. Maybe I'm a bit biased towards the card.  :P

8)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2016, 02:42:21 AM »
But you use the trick twice then.

But in a way without ET you loose your only curses to Purge magic, just include another purge magic or as said use purify or dont give a shit about DOT books and heal at the right time to give your own strategy the time it needs
2 purge magics is 12 sbp. Not gonna do that.
Mostly I try ignoring it. Purify is very nice, but it doesn't work on cards like force crush.  :)

I would actually like more copies of purify in an expansion... The core set only contains 1.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2016, 02:49:00 AM »
But you use the trick twice then.
maybe this is only cause I never saw this trick played against me and working, that i see no issue there.

2 purge magics is 12 sbp. Not gonna do that.
Mostly I try ignoring it. Purify is very nice, but it doesn't work on cards like force crush.  :)

I would actually like more copies of purify in an expansion... The core set only contains 1.
[/quote]
Remove curse from priestess academy, and against force crush dispel works. That's why I have 4 core sets now, but I agree there are defenitly to many creatures in the core set and far too few utility spells, same with spell tomes
No in general if the oponent plays force crush early you have won already cause he won't have the ET mana

As said before start playing these DOT/ET books yourself, that way you will also start to learn its weakness.

Did anyone realize if you want there is nothing an oponent can do to get rid of the mage wand of a war mage.

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2016, 03:06:39 AM »
I played a couple of DOT books in the past and won with them most of the times. I just don't enjoy playing them so I don't do it anymore. (I still have some warlocks where plan B is DOT against forcefield forcemasters and armor tanks)

Did anyone realize if you want there is nothing an oponent can do to get rid of the mage wand of a war mage.

Please explain?

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2016, 03:32:48 AM »

Please explain?

Have a mage wand a nullify and the Champion Gauntlets, it will need 3 consecutive actions to destroy the wand. You only have 1 full aciton so only 1 can be crumble, so the other one needs to be a dissolve which triggers nullify, so you have to fish it. Off ini Warmage can do whatever they want, as they have qc next turn and get either nullify or champions back. On ini just spare your qc till final qc action and do it. There is always time so you can get a new champion gauntles if you have a nullify in the beginning. Secondly you will run them out off dissolves easily with the gauntlets. Add an armor ward and it gets damn expensive.

It comes down to that you had to fish for nullify directly before dissolve else he can reapply the nullify, here you need three actions which you dont have if the other one doesnt want you to.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2016, 06:04:11 AM »

Please explain?

Have a mage wand a nullify and the Champion Gauntlets, it will need 3 consecutive actions to destroy the wand. You only have 1 full aciton so only 1 can be crumble, so the other one needs to be a dissolve which triggers nullify, so you have to fish it. Off ini Warmage can do whatever they want, as they have qc next turn and get either nullify or champions back. On ini just spare your qc till final qc action and do it. There is always time so you can get a new champion gauntles if you have a nullify in the beginning. Secondly you will run them out off dissolves easily with the gauntlets. Add an armor ward and it gets damn expensive.

It comes down to that you had to fish for nullify directly before dissolve else he can reapply the nullify, here you need three actions which you dont have if the other one doesnt want you to.

Would Corrisive Orchid work?
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2016, 06:46:04 AM »
crumble and orchid does. dissolve+orchid not