May 02, 2024, 07:53:20 PM

Author Topic: Tower of Battle (pokemon league-ish tournament format)  (Read 2293 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Tower of Battle (pokemon league-ish tournament format)
« on: September 12, 2014, 10:53:14 AM »
Five keys to unlock the tower. Five arenas with different and powerful mages to guard them. The tower sits at three stories tall atop the anvil throne mountain. If you beat all three of them in a row you will be a pokemon master! Just kidding. But if you lose to any of the elite three you lose the challenge and get eliminated from the tournament.

You can challenge the guardians in any order. But first you have to find them. The elite three are all in one place, and you can choose the order you fight them in too, but you can't fight them until you have 6 badges from the guardians. If no one consecutively defeats all the elite three within the time limit, then the elite three and the guardians are the winners. It's a race against time to see who will be the first to defeat the elite three, if anyone does.

If more than one person finds a guardian arena at around the same time, they must all duke it out to decide who gets to challenge the guardian first.

The guardians must be hiding in plain sight from at least one angle. Blending in with your surroundings, playing in the dark with flashlights, or hiding in an aclove behind a staircase are all acceptable options. Hiding in a bathroom is not. Also, hiding places must change each day.

Also, you can't change your spellbook in the middle of the tournament. No "capturing" wild creature cards that you defeat in battle.

I think that's about everything.

What do you think of my idea? Post away!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
Re: Tower of Battle (pokemon league-ish tournament format)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 03:10:09 PM »
"The guardians must be hiding in plain sight from at least one angle. Blending in with your surroundings, playing in the dark with flashlights, or hiding in an aclove behind a staircase are all acceptable options. Hiding in a bathroom is not. Also, hiding places must change each day."

I think this is a bit too much from a fun perspective. The low end of play time is 90 minutes. Having people hiding around the house for 2 or more hours waiting for someone to find them and challenge them seems...excessive. Would probably be easier to just do a ladder match challenging people when they have free time and then total the results later in the week.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!