May 16, 2024, 12:40:48 PM

Author Topic: Arcane Duels - The Beggar's Throne Warlord vs. The Beastslinger  (Read 21353 times)

Biblofilter

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Arcane Duels - The Beggar's Throne Warlord vs. The Beastslinger
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »
I really enjoy your videos - Keep em comming!

I must confess i did yell at Coshade at the "im going to hit myself" but i couldnt help myself. Im sorry  :'(

• Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Töten". "Alles Töten".
Best strat advice ever

fas723

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2015, 01:47:46 AM »
Really nice with new videos! And the editing is a tremendous improvmet.  :)

Question on game play; Why didn't the beast master play more creatures? You had such edge with your totems. To me it would have been better to a few more birds than the last totem. Just my $0,02.

Thank you guys a great work. Looking forward for the next episode.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2015, 08:12:38 AM »
@Dancing Scimitar
Autonomous
[...] If the equipment provides an attack, that attack may be used once per round, as a free action, at the end of the creature’s Action Phase. [...]

Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #18 on: April 14, 2015, 08:57:02 AM »
@rodriguekhalil - Thanks! The birds are also really cheap to pet and gain a great benefit! Since it's only level 1 I don't even have to save up mana for it. I've been liking pets for lower level creatures a lot more.

Tooth and Nail vs Fury is a good debate. Personally I prefer to Acid Ball/dissolve armor then get the extra damage. But specificlaly the warlord creates the problem you described. Dissolve is really costly for the Warlord. However armor swapping is not a fun choice for the Warlord either (lose the rune forever). In most games piercing +1 is really good (there are a ton of creatures with just 1 armor). Maybe I should add a rust into the book.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2015, 09:13:14 AM »
@krj - Thanks! It takes some time to setup the video properly. Sometimes we have sound trouble too! Maybe Intangible and I will post a photo of our crazy set up. It involves some odd things like dinner trays and cat scratching posts :P We kind of levitate a laptop and have a HD webcam get the right angle for us.

@Toxzip - A compliment from you is awesome! Thanks so much for your work into this game. It's truly an amazing experience.

@Intangible - I think the build and the concept of how you build is going in the right direction! You're certainly developing an effective unique way to look at the game

@Biblo - It was like I was suddenly stupid! Sometimes you just gotta laugh at how your brain works sometimes :P

@fas723 - I've been trying out a lot of variations of the Beastslinger. One rule I was using at the time was always get your totems out. I notice if I stop and cast something like armor or something, I lose a lot and damage later game and actually lose games because of it. However everytime I do Bird/totem turns, I win the games. I've had games where I lose 10 creatures and that extra totem has helped out.

@Schwen - I didn't know that. Thanks for correcting that for future games. Dancing Scimitar is a great piece of equipment.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest