May 16, 2024, 11:15:29 AM

Author Topic: Miniatures Survey  (Read 19396 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Miniatures Survey
« Reply #30 on: December 16, 2014, 07:11:06 PM »
Honestly though, I think the minis are really really cool, but I probably wouldn't get them myself. In the context of the game, they do take up less space in the arena than a mage card, but aside from that they're a bit of a gimmick. I suppose it could be a bit distracting if your opponent has a very fancy mage mini. Another likely problem with using it in tournaments is that it   stands out so much that it aesthetically clashes with all the other spells and objects in the game, since they are all cards. It might also make things more confusing to new players, who see the mini standing out so much and understandably assume that it's special.

Maybe the minis wouldn't be so much of a gimmick if they created a non-zone based mage wars game.

Of course the mage is special, if he dies, you lose.

I meant more special than the cards. I know mages are special.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Miniatures Survey
« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2014, 06:03:49 PM »
Mini's for mages also might make (for example) a new player playing someone who has one feel more intimidated, and could possibly lead to a less enjoyable experience than otherwise would have been had. (Or maybe the mini would be a cool thing to see, and encourage the new player to get one...?)

Overall though, I think that providing the minis in a boxed set would be better than selling them separately. Everyone would have them, and there would be no social stigma for not having one. The downside of that... it'd never happen. The price of the boxed set goes up, and no (or very little) extra revenue comes in from the sale of extra minis.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

eaglespremiers

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2015, 09:55:07 PM »
I missed the survey but I love the idea of having miniatures for the mages (and perhaps some of the creatures).
I've been looking for substitute miniatures anyway, so having official ones sounds awesome.
Of course my strong preference would be pre-painted.

kiwipaul

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2015, 08:05:13 AM »
So who won the prizes from the survey?

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1