May 03, 2024, 05:35:34 PM

Author Topic: Sleeveing your cards: who, how, with what, and thoughts.  (Read 10249 times)

karlomarco

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Sleeveing your cards: who, how, with what, and thoughts.
« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2013, 12:55:54 AM »
Penny sleeves do the trick. Sleeving everything is expensive, and there are a ton of cards.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 05, 2013, 05:49:34 AM »
Deck Protector Sleeves: 50 Yellow
Ultra Pro #82675

I use this, and im happy with it. Sure the silver dot is a tiny bit annoying, but i choose to ignore it.
They fit the cards well, and there is plenty of space to get them in and out of the spellbook - it actually seems easier to take out cards from the spellbook when they are sleeved.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 03:26:11 AM »
I went with the Ultra pro pro-fit sleeves.  Really like the feel and fit of them.  They sit nicely in the spell books, so no worries there.

Mohobie

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2013, 10:15:29 AM »
Typically I love to sleeve cards at all turns. However I really like the books, and while I know there is room to sleeve them in the books I just feel it doesnt require it. There is no shuffling, or constant strain on the cards and they are high quality. Thats just my 1&1/2 cents on the subject ;)
Good...bad...I'm the guy with the gun...

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2013, 03:50:35 PM »
I kinda agree that it's a little out sleeving this game. But a friends copy which we've been playing, mine is still in transit (I've only sleeved the FM vs W set so far)  is looking a little worn already. Not sure if it's the sliding the cards around the board or just his constant thumbing through them. I'm not a compulsive sleever,  but I do like the look of sleeves on this game.

Typically I love to sleeve cards at all turns. However I really like the books, and while I know there is room to sleeve them in the books I just feel it doesnt require it. There is no shuffling, or constant strain on the cards and they are high quality. Thats just my 1&1/2 cents on the subject ;)

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2013, 04:40:11 PM »
We typically play in the garage, so we can smoke cigars, drink our cokes and have lunch. With all of the hazards, the sleeves are well worth the cost and effort.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

haslo

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 28, 2013, 03:33:08 AM »
I sleeved all 900 or so of my Mage Wars cards with Ultra Pro Pro-Fit sleeves. Those are actually meant to go inside other sleeves for double-sleeving, but I really like the way they perfectly fit the cards with nearly no overhang on any side. They work perfectly fine for sleeving, for me.

And, they're relatively cheap.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 28, 2013, 04:38:09 AM »
I don't sleeve mine.  It would make sense if you were shuffling a deck of cards, since cards get hacked to pieces if you don't have sleeves in that context, but there's not a lot of opportunity to really damage your cards since they remain in a pile or your book most of the time.  Plus, I like the continuity of the art in the cards in relation to the game board without technicolored sleeves breaking some of the immersion factor.

In either case, I don't make a habit of drinking or eating at the table while playing anyway.  Even if I used sleeves like I do in other games, I think it's kind of inconsiderate to leave non-bottle drinks on the table.  It's like subtely acting like you don't care about the worth other players put into their belongings. 
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 28, 2013, 07:45:30 AM »
The Ultra Pro sleeves rock.  Even makes the cards easier to get in and out of spell book slots and fit really nicely not just around the card but in the spell books.

I'm not into the color coded thing (I really like the artwork and don't want to mar or distort it in any way).  So all my cards are in clear sleeves which work awesome for me.

I am pretty careful when I play and would never have like Cheetos fingers on my cards but its still nice to know if something spills or anything happens the cards are all safe and protected.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 28, 2013, 08:01:01 AM »
In my group we all sleeve the cards. That way we can tell whose Enchantment are whose.

Nothing worst then going to flip your Bear Strength and seeing your opponent has put a Poisoned blood on you!
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
Within Shad0w.