May 03, 2024, 05:02:56 PM

Author Topic: Life span for mage wars  (Read 9103 times)

Wiz-Pig

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Life span for mage wars
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2013, 07:09:11 PM »
Just watching the Origins demo on BGG.  In talking about the green and white spellbooks Brian mentions Druid, Shaman and Enchantress.  Druids on the schedule,  Shaman and Enchantress could be your missing one (+1?).  Shaman might be a bit close to the beastmaster through, depending how they conceptualise it. 

so just looking at the list of mages, I noticed its an odd number.  Being that it seems mages are released in pairs we need 1 more mage on that list-

just as an example

druid/necro
illusionist/Paladin
Sorcerer / ?????

who is it!

I tend to conceptualize Shamans as having a strong connection to the spirit world which sets them apart from other nature mages.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2013, 07:26:29 PM »
I tend to conceptualize Shamans as having a strong connection to the spirit world which sets them apart from other nature mages.

I agree, but just wasn't sure what that might look like that would be that different.  Guess that's why they're the game designers and I'm not ;)  I guess spirit and perhaps mana style attacks, maybe more ethereal conjurations.  Some of the FM spells like the invisible stalker seem to work in this vein. 

I'd also say that most animist type beliefs didn't separate the spirit world from the natural world, so there would (perhaps should?) be some overlap. 

cbalian

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2013, 08:58:00 PM »
Seems like a future mages post!

I would imagine like any money making venture or company as long as customers are paying, buying expansion sets and other new content they will keep putting it out.

I would imagine AW sales and marketing force are looking not just for future expansion/content releases but also diversifying in selected areas of growth opportunities.

Increasing and maintaining player fan base must rank extremely high though.  Like was mentioned you don't want so many traits, conditions, effects the game gets confusing while still adding diversity of content. 

The best way to do that is the different mages or combinations of major classes.  Like I would LOVE a holy/dark mage or elemental mage or things which have already been discussed.  I'm definitely looking forward to the Druid/Necromancer expansion no matter what traits/mage abilities or cards are in it almost.  I still play EverQuest after 13 years and I've always been a Druid so anything Druidly in any other games I play always interests me.  And Necros are cool too!