May 16, 2024, 03:58:54 AM

Author Topic: Thorgs taunt with Quicksand  (Read 2485 times)

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
Thorgs taunt with Quicksand
« on: September 12, 2014, 02:20:24 AM »
If Thorg is adjacent to a zone with a victim of Quicksand and taunts them are they able to use a quick action to attempt to escape? I know if he is in their zone they have to attack Thorg. Adjacent they have to move to his zone if taunted but as they are unable to does that free them up to attempt escape from the Quicksand?

I just love the mental image of Thorg taunting something and pushing their head beneath the sand schoolyard bully style. Please tell me this works. lol
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Thorgs taunt with Quicksand
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2014, 06:21:47 AM »
The rule is that when a creature is subject to a mandatory action, such as Taunt or Bloodthirsty, they must perform that action IF ABLE TO. If they are unable to perform that action, then they are not subject to any restriction and can perform any action they wish. This is on page 11 of the Rules Supplement.

In your example, they are unable to fulfill the Taunt requirement due to being restrained, and thus may perform any other action they wish. Unless they have a ranged attack, in which case they'd be required to shoot at Thorg while they sink.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2014, 11:19:40 AM »
The rule is that when a creature is subject to a mandatory action, such as Taunt or Bloodthirsty, they must perform that action IF ABLE TO. If they are unable to perform that action, then they are not subject to any restriction and can perform any action they wish. This is on page 11 of the Rules Supplement.

In your example, they are unable to fulfill the Taunt requirement due to being restrained, and thus may perform any other action they wish. Unless they have a ranged attack, in which case they'd be required to shoot at Thorg while they sink.

Zuberi is correct again.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Maverick

• Ambassador - Twin Cities MN
  • Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • I got a fever, and the only cure is Mage Wars!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 02:00:53 PM »
I feared that may be the case. Thanks Zuberi!
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
Easy, guys.. I put my pants on just like the rest of you -- one leg at a time. Except, once my pants are on, I win Mage Wars!