May 15, 2024, 04:42:27 PM

Author Topic: My Necromancer book: Malacoda And His Skinny Friends!  (Read 15107 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: My Necromancer book: Malacoda And His Skinny Friends!
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2014, 08:03:06 PM »
Ok so I didn't get a chance to use the Meditation Amulet but I can certainly see where I'd have time to use it. I tend to have about 2 turns a game where I'm just sitting around waiting for my creatures to eat people.

I did remove the Graveyard after a glaringly huge hole in the strategy was made painfully obvious. I removed the Graveyard and put in a couple of Block! I'm sad to say I noticed I had no Blocks only after my Necromancer took it's first defeat to a VERY over zealous Warlord who kept getting in close and casting Hurl Boulder for ridiculous amounts of damage(average 11) at me. Put the Blocks in, and they saved my life. Never missed the Graveyard once.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:04:55 PM by silverclawgrizzly »
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2014, 09:04:41 PM »
Ah ha! Your spot on. Someome can avoid the minions and go right for the mage. Blocks would be needed. I assume he dissolved cloak?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 15, 2014, 10:01:01 PM »
No he Force Pushed himself and used Cheetah Speed/Mongoose Agility. Covers the map FAST! I'm actually gonna steal that tactic myself honestly.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2014, 05:46:19 AM »
Lol. Yeah, not a bad tactic. In a local tourney I've seen a FM in round one move 2x, then tele a couple of squares to get into a necros face  immediately. FM had init, so round 2 was QC galvitar,  then I believe he summoned creature of his own. Necro never had time to set up. That's why this game is great, so many tactics! Lol. I have my hands full tomorrow. Last game of tourney for me, and its FM vs FM. Hate mirrors. Plus, I believe he's bringing out grimson round 1. He is going to expect mind control, so I'm sure he's packed dispels. I was thinking of maybe goung Brogan for the unavoidable, but I have to get rid of Grimson first. I'm pretty sure he will have teleports to protect that sniper as well.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2014, 01:08:36 PM »
You could simple Sleep Grimson. Make them waste their time hitting their own piece. The Force Master is my one weakness in that I generally do  poorly against it regardless of my mage.

Moonglow

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2014, 03:20:36 PM »
I love sleep just for that reason - there's something so satisfying about making them take a wack at their own creature. 

You could simple Sleep Grimson. Make them waste their time hitting their own piece. The Force Master is my one weakness in that I generally do  poorly against it regardless of my mage.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2014, 03:40:41 PM »
I hate sleep in that it's far more often used against me than for me lol. I can't count the times I've had to go kick my own grizzlies cause they all of the sudden think it's nap time.

Avarice

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2014, 04:38:52 PM »
Lol. Poor grizzly. Wait, sleep can be dispelled, no?

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
With the Priestess ability or the staff of healing. Otherwise go kick the poor sleeper.