Mage Wars > Rules Discussion

ERRATA - Hand of Bim-Shalla

(1/3) > >>

patrickconnor:

Hand of Bim-Shalla:

This spell now has the “Unique” trait. Unique – Each player may only have one (1) copy of this object in play at a time.

Koz:
The real power of the Hands were it's ability to stack.  Now...meh.

Do not like.   >:(

Overreaction to the results of a single tournament IMO.  This puts a bad taste in my mouth for this game honestly.

DarthDadaD20:
I am sorry to hear that Koz.

I'm sure there was more then just one tournament that factored into this decision.

I think alot of players even at home were finding that this combo of HoBS was being used outside of the cards intentions, and it seems like it was a problem for alot of people.

The card still has a purpose, and is a good card IMO even being unique.

And in the future there might be more cards that can utilize this card to a better effect.

I know in my games, a Buddy Build Priest would use up to 6 of these and it made for some less then fun games.

And compared to some other games that are even newer then Mage Wars, this is a very small change, with very little errata and I think they are trying there hardest to keep it that way.

I doubt this was an easy decision for them, and know they donot handle errata lightly.

Point being, I respect your opinion, but I highly doubt this was due to one tournament.   

haslo:
Do you have these replacements available at higher resolution? I've got a good printer and would like to make my semi-official replacement proxies look good, not pixelated.

Edit: Yes, they're linked in higher resolution from the blog post:

http://magewars.com/jsite/images/Temple%20of%20Light%20-%20UPDATED%20660%20px.jpg
http://magewars.com/jsite/images/Hand%20of%20BimShalla%20-%20UPDATED%20660%20px.jpg
http://magewars.com/jsite/images/Battle%20Fury%20-%20UPDATED%20660%20px.jpg

I'm not really in a position to judge game balance, but this seems awfully early for such a strong nerf indeed...

Koz:

--- Quote from: DarthDadaD20 on July 19, 2013, 07:06:26 PM ---I am sorry to hear that Koz.

I'm sure there was more then just one tournament that factored into this decision.

I think alot of players even at home were finding that this combo of HoBS was being used outside of the cards intentions, and it seems like it was a problem for alot of people.

The card still has a purpose, and is a good card IMO even being unique.

And in the future there might be more cards that can utilize this card to a better effect.

I know in my games, a Buddy Build Priest would use up to 6 of these and it made for some less then fun games.

And compared to some other games that are even newer then Mage Wars, this is a very small change, with very little errata and I think they are trying there hardest to keep it that way.

I doubt this was an easy decision for them, and know they donot handle errata lightly.

Point being, I respect your opinion, but I highly doubt this was due to one tournament.

--- End quote ---

They should have made it level 2.  That would have reduced the number of copies in books, as well as increasing the cost to put them in for non-Holy Mages.  That would have been a decent fix without gutting the card.  Just seems excessive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version