May 05, 2024, 04:09:04 AM

Author Topic: Casting Spells with the lightning bolt icon  (Read 7479 times)

GD360

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Casting Spells with the lightning bolt icon
« on: September 04, 2012, 10:50:13 PM »
I just wanted to clarify something regarding casting "quick spells" or spells noted with the lightning bolt icon.  Can a Mage cast two spells with the lightning bolt icon in one turn?   When we were playing it, we only would cast one spell with a lightning bolt and one spell with the hour glass. After watching the video, it showed the Beast Master casting a minor heal and a dispel all in one turn. Can a mod  please clarify this for me. After reading the rulebook, it was not so clear that this can be done.

Thanks!
G

Sparkytbg

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Casting Spells with the lightning bolt icon
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2012, 12:12:57 AM »
Your mage is able to cast two quick action spells in one turn.  
For his full action it does say in the rules. "The move action is optional.  You can choose not to move
and still take a quick action."  Or your mage could move one space and cast a quick action spell thus using his full action.

I hope that is helpful.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 12:45:11 AM »
to elaborate on what sparky said.

your quickcast marker can only be used to cast a quick spell (not any other quick action, just a quick spell)

your action marker, lets you do anything that a creature can do with thier action marker.which is

1) do a full round (hourglass)  action.  including casting a full round spell, or a full round attack granted by your card or equipment, or some other card in play (ie opening the gate to hell)

OR

2) Move, and do a quick (lightning bolt) action.  including but not limited to casting a quick spell, a quick attack granted by your card or equipment, or some other card in play, or you could guard.

since the move part of number 2 is optional you can stay where you are and cast 2 quick spells (one using your quickcast action and one using your normal full action.)

note you can not cast a spell instead of moving, and therefore get 2 quick spells with just your full action marker.  movement has to be your first action.  and if you choose to cast a quick spell you cannot move after either.

hope that clears things up, i probibly over explained it but oh well hope i didnt confuse you more.
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 07:04:03 AM »
Klax thanks for responding to this I was asleep before you even saw this. That is the down side for working at 7am.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2012, 04:34:05 AM »
not a problem glad to help

GD360

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »
Thanks Klaxas. The info you provided was very helpful!  

Just wanted to make sure... Is it safe to say that if a Mage moves he can not cast a full spell, is that right?  Or can he move and do a quick spell, then do a full spell?

Sorry if I may sound confused.

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2012, 10:21:37 PM »
depends on which action you are using.  when you use your action marker. you can move and do a quick spell only. or you can do a full spell  no movement.

you could cast a full spell with your action marker, then use your quick cast marker to cast a quick spell.  but there would be no movement there.

i can not think of a scenerio where you can move and do a full spell in the same turn.  (unless you use your quick cast to do a push or teleport, then you would still have your action marker to do a full spell)

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2012, 11:32:00 PM »
Klaxas is correct. There is currently no way to move and cast a full spell as part of a normal set of actions.

Your Mage may:
Full Spell + Quick Spell
(Move) Quick Spell + Quick Spell
(Move) Quick Action + Quick Spell
Full Action + Quick Spell

Movement is optional on the two middle items.

GD360

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2012, 12:59:00 AM »
Thuzl, I like how you broke that down. That pretty much sums it up. Thanks!