May 03, 2024, 12:32:33 PM

Author Topic: turn to stone vs mordok's obelisk  (Read 2112 times)

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
turn to stone vs mordok's obelisk
« on: September 09, 2013, 04:51:06 PM »
When a creature gains turn to stone from opponent and I cast mordok's obelisk, which comes: the upkeep for mordok's obelisk for the creature or the upkeep-cost of turn to stone?
Example: a steelclaw grizzly gains a turn to stone from my opponent and reveals it (nasty!), I play a mordok's obelisk as a quick cast. Moving to next turn, does the opponent first need to pay upkeep first or does it happen simultaneous or because mordok's obelisk is my card I get to choose first?

Thanks

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: turn to stone vs mordok's obelisk
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 03:44:44 AM »
I doesnt matter who has played Mordoks obelisk - the result will be the same.
Mordoks obelisk gives all creatures upkeep +1. The owner of the creature decides the order of upkeep effects being resolved on his own creature(s).

However... your enemy has an enchantment which he does not wish to pay upkeep for in case you choose to let grizzly die (refuse obelisk upkeep). I believe Initiative determines who has to pay upkeep first in this case.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2013, 03:48:39 AM by jacksmack »

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: turn to stone vs mordok's obelisk
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:06:14 AM »
I doesnt matter who has played Mordoks obelisk - the result will be the same.
Mordoks obelisk gives all creatures upkeep +1. The owner of the creature decides the order of upkeep effects being resolved on his own creature(s).

However... your enemy has an enchantment which he does not wish to pay upkeep for in case you choose to let grizzly die (refuse obelisk upkeep). I believe Initiative determines who has to pay upkeep first in this case.

You are correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage