May 03, 2024, 11:48:43 PM

Author Topic: Passage Attacks pushes and Wall of Pikes facing  (Read 13704 times)

Nihilistiskism

• Master Debater
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Passage Attacks pushes and Wall of Pikes facing
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2013, 10:01:08 PM »
Hello Nihil is see your back figures it comes on the week i step away from the forum to get in some heavy play testing.

So to the topic at hand even thought about 97% of the teams working with AW are volunteers. Yes we do have a bunch of work to do but the hardest part is that some people including myself are on a bunch of different teams so we  are pulling double and triple duty some days.

Hello, Shadow.

I don't understand?

-nihil

I think the point he is making is that they are doing their best to get these rule issues sorted out in clearer and more permanent ways, but that the AW team is largely volunteer and very busy so you should cut them some slack.

Ah. I was really confused because I didn't follow the thread of the sentence...I think "ever" was meant in place of the typed "even" and I lost track of the thought.

At any rate, to speak to that point:

If I wrote anything that was interpreted to slight the teams that manage this game, then I sincerely apologize, as I have served many years as a volunteer, myself, for other games, and am keenly aware of the general thanklessness of the title.

To the other point:

My primary concern at this point is that this is not something I view in any possible way as a rules "clarification." As far as I can see, by what is written on the cards and in the rulebook, this interaction, as ruled, stands in contrast to the rulebook, and therefore demands an official erratum for the wall in question, in my opinion. I would recommend such for some future printing where this wall may be reprinted.

-nihil
Take a shower, don't talk like a junior high dropout, and stop being such a fatty.

jacksmack

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Passage Attacks pushes and Wall of Pikes facing
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2013, 08:19:51 AM »
So i understand that this will somehow be FAQ, or added to the rules.

Please consider the following scenarios when doing this.

Wall of Thorns doesnt attack lvl 1 creatures.
Forcewave / forcepush 1 or more lvl 1 creatures through a Wall of Thorns.
Will extra payment apply?
I assume no, due to how Wall of Pikes is ruled. No extra Energi (mana) is required because the wall doesnt affect lvl 1 creatures.

Lord of Fire is immune to fire.
In case he loses flying (maim wings, or Gravikor).
If i forcepush him (friend or foe) through a Fire Wall with a forcepush - will it cost 3? or 3+3?
I assume 3+3. The wall will still do the attack but it wont do damage or apply burn - so in practice the dice roll can be skipped.

KR