May 02, 2024, 01:45:08 PM

Author Topic: MAGE ROARS!!! Round 2 pairings  (Read 37076 times)

Molrid

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: MAGE ROARS!!! Round 2 pairings
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2016, 11:58:52 AM »
a good description of the game puddin :)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2016, 02:11:58 PM »
Arxiducs (druid) and mystery (beastmaster) played an epic Battle in the Forest of Straywood. After unbelievable 24 rounds and both with only 10 cards left, the Druid was strangled to death by its own beloved vines   ::)

To start with I had asked myself before how to outplay a Druid, which is in my point the better nature mage than the Beastmasters in a face off duel. So i went for more channeling.

After couple of rounds we had 3flower+tree and 2flower+harmonized lair and enchanters ring. Some early herassment of thunderrift flacons ended in a flower destroyed and not much else, but a grizzly and gralathor came to the table with a ring of fire the beastmaster destoryed a flower and a nightshade lotus, but the snapper had to be killed by a grizzly, but soon died to kralathor which grew and grew, a deathlock let the druid retreat. But the forcehammer elemental wand was destroyed before it could act, and so it took 2 acid balls a hurl boulder and 2 surging waves to kill it. In the meantime two new grizzlies entered the field through their lair. Slowly the BM then advanced and now the oposite roll thing, for 5rounds there was only one roll of the BM creatures rolling avg or above, so it got quite close and the BM had only 1 armor, 25dmg and poisoned blood.
But Kralathor (4growth) had died to two bear strength grizzly and falcon assitance. A bloodspine wall push dealt a bleed and another 5dmg, but eagleclaw boots prevented push and and a snatch, the creatures hacked on the armor 6 druid with circle of lightning. After upkeep 8dmg remained on her.
Next round the BM dispeled the PB with the equiped mage wand and bim shalla healed him one. Now with 3 armor he suffered no damage from jet stream and the druid equiped a mage wand. The animals killed the tree and got the druid to 22 dmg with a rot. In upkeep regenerating Bm removed the bleed and another jet stream dealt nothing, a stranglevine locking the druid was its end.

Thanks for the Roar league was fun to see new decks.

arxiducs

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 01, 2016, 09:07:09 AM »
It was an epic match, Mystery. Thanks for the fun!
To be honest, I have never played such a long game of MW in my entire life.... Really a bit too much for me!  :o One of the advantages of the roars league was that there were no turtle wizards with eternal metagame algorithms. But it appears nature mages can also play that!
I learned a lot during yesterday´s match. Not only from my own mistakes (I am definitely not a pro player and often get mixed up with the rules!).  I have to say that the cunning trickery of Mystery was really fun to witness with many little combos here and there ( I think I did not miss any of them, as its victim!). Very timely reading of changing tactics and impecable execution by Mystery. Very impressive.
From my perspective, I felt the lack of mobility of my creatures as a big limitation against a mage that was building an army in the other corner. Spreading too much my creatures was an easy recipe for disaster so had to play to contain whatever was coming with as fewer creatures  as possible. I never played a druid like that and was positively impressed by its performance. the power of regeneration is great.
Dice were really weird last night, so I will skip that part. I only know that they delayed us a lot from concluding the match one way or the other.
The crucial moment for me was when, after almost 4 hours of play, I decided to stop caring for the BM´s creatures and inflict damage only to the mage. I almost succeeded in taking him by surprise. It was a real pitty that all my high level attack spells were gone already. The turn after my druid was almost brought to death and what follows is the "platoon" scene with the razor wire.
One of my biggest take-aways from this match is that one should ask for a break and continue these lengthy matches some other day. This way real life has not impact in one´s decisions in the game. I really think that with two more hours of play the druid would have had a chance against the bears and the rest of the crew. I concur with Mystery that she is the best nature mage in Etherea right now.
In my view, a great ending to a great tourney. Thanks to all who organized at some point this league, it was much appreciated.
Definitely looking for more in the near future.
PS - I am looking forward to hear about the results of the other remaining matches (with videos?) and the final classification! (just for the fun of it)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2016, 10:06:15 AM »
It was an epic match, Mystery. Thanks for the fun!
To be honest, I have never played such a long game of MW in my entire life.... Really a bit too much for me!  :o One of the advantages of the roars league was that there were no turtle wizards with eternal metagame algorithms. But it appears nature mages can also play that!
I'm sorry, that is probably on my mistake, as I saw no chance to rush you, thought about cheetah speed and pet flacon rush, but would have been vulnerable to thornpush which i know you have, also expected you to have a grizzly so if I take out eagleclaw boots on turn 2 i manage to get no push, but have no mana get a grizzly and you do. so finally i came to the high channel beastmaster to try to outplay.

I learned a lot during yesterday´s match. Not only from my own mistakes (I am definitely not a pro player and often get mixed up with the rules!).  I have to say that the cunning trickery of Mystery was really fun to witness with many little combos here and there ( I think I did not miss any of them, as its victim!). Very timely reading of changing tactics and impecable execution by Mystery. Very impressive.
seeking dispel my decoy played in the 3rd round when i had like 5 enchantments was fun and i think you had prepared a thorn push on that early round when i did cast it probably.
The enchantment transfusion of ring of fire to the grizzyl when being attacked by kralathor was cool, probably keeping it on BM would have been better so i keep the 6 spellpoints barrier longer and can transfuse it to save it and than shift enchantment it back.
It was cool when you dispeled the first regrowth and enchanted me I already had prepared tranfusion and another regrowth (to do the same trick, in worst case one grizzly still had a hidden one i could shift) so triggered the nullify of it.
but i really liked your altar of the iron guard :D That Archer also rocked, and i simply had no attack spells packed except one acid ball to kill it :( with only 3 life left due to the guarding snapper.

From my perspective, I felt the lack of mobility of my creatures as a big limitation against a mage that was building an army in the other corner. Spreading too much my creatures was an easy recipe for disaster so had to play to contain whatever was coming with as fewer creatures  as possible. I never played a druid like that and was positively impressed by its performance. the power of regeneration is great.

In my view, a great ending to a great tourney. Thanks to all who organized at some point this league, it was much appreciated.

really thank you all for the tourney idea. i feel thats why raptor vines from time to time shine as they are mobile.

which games are missing?

theasaris

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 02, 2016, 01:03:18 PM »
Short und brutal: My Skeletons just sliced and diced Drefan's Priest. His Vampiress+Divine Intervention killed my Forge fairly quickly, but 3 Sentries and 1 Skeletal Knight pummeled the Priest before he could do much... Was over in 11 rounds.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 11, 2016, 10:46:58 AM »
any news of the other games?

Mystery: 4:0

Arxiducs: 3:1

Puddnhead: 3:1

Schwenkgott: 2:1
?

Intangible: 2:1
?

Moldrid: 2:2

Theasaris: 2:2

Drefan: 2:2

Coshade: 1:2
?

Halewijn: 1:2
?

Sharkbait: 0:3
?

Adoryc: 0:3 (droped out i think which would give shark+1 win)
?

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: April 08, 2016, 09:49:32 AM »
wrong post