May 18, 2024, 06:57:10 AM

Author Topic: Octgn Thunderdome I.  (Read 42948 times)

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Octgn Thunderdome I.
« Reply #75 on: July 15, 2015, 12:36:10 PM »
Of course. Will show them on Saturday
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 18, 2015, 07:36:31 AM »
One of the games will be played a bit later:

Ranek vs El_Titan at about 10:30 p.m. german time (utc +2)

Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: July 18, 2015, 08:11:31 AM »
Here are the streams where todays games can be watched.

http://www.twitch.tv/coshade1
Gdieckhaus vs Strandigel  at 5 p.m. german time (utc+2)
Ranek vs El_Titan  at 10:30 p.m. german time (utc+2) 

http://www.twitch.tv/schwenkgott
Keejchen vs Arxiducs  at  5 p.m. german time (utc+2)
gw vs HairyPoppins  at 8 p.m. german time (utc+2)

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #78 on: July 18, 2015, 09:34:27 AM »
Just letting you guys know we are going live in 30 minutes. Here is a link to my stream if you want to check it out while it happens!

http://www.twitch.tv/coshade1
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Hairypoppins

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 19, 2015, 12:22:18 AM »
Best of luck to GW in the semifinals and beyond!

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 19, 2015, 04:44:20 AM »
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC8SKmwEEoM9v2M51GnH3urg

New Matches from Round of 8, as always in german. Check out Arcane Duels for the rest of these crazy matches.

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 19, 2015, 03:55:41 PM »
The first official Thunderdome tournament is over.

http://challonge.com/ThunderdomeOne

Although we had some problems with streaming and players not playing, we had fun and we hope all the players had a good time too.
We learned a lot about organisation and tournament setup, next time will be even better.
Expect to see the next tournament on September/October and prepare yourselfs, because we might have a special surpriese guest on the Thunderdome II. :)

Big thanks to Coshade and Intangible for their assistence.

See you next time ... in the arena!

gw

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 20, 2015, 03:38:28 AM »
Thanks again to Schwenkgott for the organization and video coverage of the tourney - of course also to Coshade and Intangible. Thx a lot guys. it was lots of fun and I am already looking forward to the next one!

I am not sure whom to thank for the Mage Wars interface on OCTGN apart from Sike --- but ..seriously...it's frig**** aweesome work !

:D
OCTGN: gw (GMT+1 currently)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 20, 2015, 06:50:21 AM »

Thanks again to Schwenkgott for the organization and video coverage of the tourney - of course also to Coshade and Intangible. Thx a lot guys. it was lots of fun and I am already looking forward to the next one!

I am not sure whom to thank for the Mage Wars interface on OCTGN apart from Sike --- but ..seriously...it's frig**** aweesome work !

:D

acg
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 20, 2015, 08:55:25 AM »
There are several who have worked on this over the last couple of years. Cosworth (not to be confused with Coshade) who was the original Dev. of the module, there is still alot in there that you would call his. lettucemode did a whole lot of work once Cosworth stepped away from the project. ACG is the latest addition to the team and has added so much to the project, the Battle Calculator being (IMHO) one if the two greatest improvements to the module, the other of course is the card attachment logic which I had the very very basics done when ACG came on board. Then of course there is little ole me. I have been since the beginning focused on the card data and the data entry involved around them. I have added basic bits here and there along the way to the code too.

I have watched several of the games played in this tourney and I have to say I am mighty pleased with the player base online growing as fast as it is and many of the fantastic players! We are all lucky to have players who love the game as much as Schwenkgott, the original playtester for the OCTGN module and inspiration for many many improvements to overall module. He has taken his own time to organize this, referee, record and comment on these matches. A big big hand goes out to him!

The Arcane Duels team of Intangible0 and Coshade who have been making fantastic videos helping all players both Online and IRL. They have taken their personal time and refereed these games, recorded the videos, and the live color commentation has been fantastic and had many great observations of what and why players were doing what they are doing.

Finally we have to thank Arcanus (the man himself Brian) for creating such wonderful games along with the crew of Toxiq and Laddinfance and all of the others involved behind the scenes. Literally we wouldn't be able to do this with out them! Thanks guys!

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #85 on: July 20, 2015, 12:44:28 PM »
Wow Sike, that was incredibly elegant. I'm just going to make you write out scripts for all our videos now, that's way better than the improvised stuff we do.  ;)
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 20, 2015, 12:55:00 PM »
Yea, he's quite a statesmen.

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: July 20, 2015, 01:06:35 PM »

There are several who have worked on this over the last couple of years. Cosworth (not to be confused with Coshade) who was the original Dev. of the module, there is still alot in there that you would call his. lettucemode did a whole lot of work once Cosworth stepped away from the project. ACG is the latest addition to the team and has added so much to the project, the Battle Calculator being (IMHO) one if the two greatest improvements to the module, the other of course is the card attachment logic which I had the very very basics done when ACG came on board. Then of course there is little ole me. I have been since the beginning focused on the card data and the data entry involved around them. I have added basic bits here and there along the way to the code too.

I have watched several of the games played in this tourney and I have to say I am mighty pleased with the player base online growing as fast as it is and many of the fantastic players! We are all lucky to have players who love the game as much as Schwenkgott, the original playtester for the OCTGN module and inspiration for many many improvements to overall module. He has taken his own time to organize this, referee, record and comment on these matches. A big big hand goes out to him!

The Arcane Duels team of Intangible0 and Coshade who have been making fantastic videos helping all players both Online and IRL. They have taken their personal time and refereed these games, recorded the videos, and the live color commentation has been fantastic and had many great observations of what and why players were doing what they are doing.

Finally we have to thank Arcanus (the man himself Brian) for creating such wonderful games along with the crew of Toxiq and Laddinfance and all of the others involved behind the scenes. Literally we wouldn't be able to do this with out them! Thanks guys!

You forgot to thank your parents, since if they didn't give birth to you you wouldn't be here to work on the OCTGN module. You also forgot to thank Tolkein for inventing the modern fantasy genre, and wotc for creating the first customizable strategy game. And while you're at it, you might as well thank the meteor that wiped out the dinosaurs, without which humanity, and therefore mage wars, wouldn't exist.

The question that was being asked was specifically about octgn mage wars, not the game as a whole. But other than that I completely agree with the sentiment. Mage wars is awesome and I'm thankful for it.

This is being said a few months early though...
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: July 20, 2015, 01:09:38 PM »
Oh yeah, forgot to thank Imaginator for his snarkyness. Truly I mean it.

There have been a lot of new faces lately and I thought that a good write up was due. :)

Sailor Vulcan

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 20, 2015, 01:17:16 PM »

Oh yeah, forgot to thank Imaginator for his snarkyness. Truly I mean it.

There have been a lot of new faces lately and I thought that a good write up was due. :)

1. Didn't intend to be rude, just thought it was kind of funny. I meant it as just friendly ribbing, I really didn't mean to make you feel bad.

2. I agree, I just thought it seemed a bit out of the blue, especially since the actual question being asked was specifically about octgn mage wars, not mage wars in general. And it seemed like this coming thanksgiving is now a missed opportunity. Still, a good write up was due, and you did an excellent job. :)