May 10, 2024, 04:38:53 AM

Author Topic: Mind Control vs Standard bearer and beastmaster pet etc.  (Read 8835 times)

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
Re: Mind Control vs Standard bearer and beastmaster pet etc.
« Reply #15 on: May 30, 2013, 10:06:58 AM »
I think we crossed paths here, I was meaning you cast a Bear Strength enchantment on to you of your creatures that I then Mind Controlled. The critter would still be Enchanted and it will still be working, just controlled by me now. :)
You'd control the stolen critter, and the critter would still be enchanted, and the bear strength would still be working. All of that's right.

Also, I still control the bear strength. I could use Shift Enchantment to move it to a different creature. I cast it so I control it, and no card changed that. Mind Control takes control of the creature, but not the enchantments on that creature. You don't gain control of enchantments on a creature just because you gained control of that creature. They're separate rules objects.

In this scenario, would not the Enchantment be "attached" to the critter and the Warlord not be the controller of the creature? It would make a difference.

The Enchantment is attached to the critter, yes. The Warlord is not the controller of the creature, yes. However, the Warlord is still the controller of the enchantment.

Maybe a different example will be more clear.

Suppose I cast Death Link on my own Necropian Vampiress, but then you Mind Control the Vamp.
You gain control of the Vamp, but I still have control of the Death Link. And Death Link reads, "The Controller of Death Link may heal up to 2 damage [...] and place it on this creature[.]  So I'm the one who can heal and place the damage, even though you now control the creature.

This is the same as if you cast Necropian Vampiress and then I cast Death Link on it. You control the Vamp, I control the Death Link, and I'm the one who heals.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2013, 10:08:29 AM by ringkichard »
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 30, 2013, 10:41:39 AM »
Touche
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Alex319

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2013, 10:32:01 PM »
In the upcoming FAQ, we will state that any object that is attached to another object (like an enchantment attached to a creature) is destroyed if the target it is attached to becomes illegal. Thus if you Mind Control a creature with a Standard Bearer attached, the Standard Bearer will be destroyed.

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 21, 2013, 06:13:19 AM »
In the upcoming FAQ, we will state that any object that is attached to another object (like an enchantment attached to a creature) is destroyed if the target it is attached to becomes illegal. Thus if you Mind Control a creature with a Standard Bearer attached, the Standard Bearer will be destroyed.

Mind Control could become an interesting, if expensive, Dissolve if we ever get equipment that can be attached to creatures.