May 09, 2024, 09:46:46 PM

Author Topic: So...who won Origins?  (Read 15456 times)

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: So...who won Origins?
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 03:34:46 PM »
So piousflea took 2nd?  I hadn't seen that posted, just a report he made regarding his match vs the winner.  Didn't see that it was the finals.  Is that confirmed?

Hellkite

• Playtester
  • New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 03:44:26 PM »
The finals on Sunday was four rounds and I went undefeated.  First round I played against Alec who played the Warlord who got 3rd place.  2nd round I played against John who played a Beast Master (he got 2nd at Bashcon).  3rd Round I played against Dave (Pious Flea), he played his Warlock and got 2nd.  In the Final round I played my friend Tim McCurry who brought his ForceMaster that also ran 6 Hands and 2 Temple of Lights.  I will post more on the build I brought later.   8)

This.

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2013, 04:06:44 PM »
That's so weird that I somehow missed that.  Thanks for reposting and sorry about missing it

malgor

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2013, 12:12:54 AM »
Congrats to all those that placed.  Double congrats to the winner. 

paradox22

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • MOKAN Mage Wars
« Reply #34 on: June 21, 2013, 07:13:10 AM »
The finals on Sunday was four rounds and I went undefeated.  First round I played against Alec who played the Warlord who got 3rd place.  2nd round I played against John who played a Beast Master (he got 2nd at Bashcon).  3rd Round I played against Dave (Pious Flea), he played his Warlock and got 2nd.  In the Final round I played my friend Tim McCurry who brought his ForceMaster that also ran 6 Hands and 2 Temple of Lights.  I will post more on the build I brought later.   8)

Congrats Hellkite!  Awesome to see the priestess take the gold...also glad to see her spawn point in action.  Any chance you could post your build and maybe some battle reports from your final round.    ;D

Si vis pacem para bellum

WhiteEyes

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 21, 2013, 03:41:44 PM »
I'm amazed there were only 14 participants, but I guarantee there will be more next year. I'm curious how the spellbook building was handled in the tournament. Did participants build and submit a single book to use throughout the tournament?

Also, I agree that teleporting is a fantastically effective tactic against a temple strategy. Attach a teleport to a mage wand and make your friends pay if they don't have enough dissolves

pixelgeek

• Global Moderator
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
    • Zac's Gaming Blog
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2013, 04:54:25 PM »
I'm amazed there were only 14 participants ...

It isn't really a gaming convention, it is more focused on retailers and publishers.
  • Favourite Mage: Adramelech Warlock
Arcane Wonders Web Guy
Problem with the forums or website?

Send me a PM

Words to live by: I commit strongly to defending my wand.   Precisely so that I don't lose it.

reddawn

• Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2013, 10:43:52 PM »
Yeah if it was a GenCon tourney and there were only 14 players, I might be worried...

I think it's more that we're all hungry for the "competitive play" avenues.  AW teased at it in their April OP kit, so let's hope it comes soon.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Fentum

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2013, 04:20:28 PM »
Talking of participation, I went to a brand new gaming Con, BBB Con, in Southend, a very small town in South East England. A very informal affair. Imagine my surprise to find five players turn up with Mage Wars sets.

I had a cracking game of Air Wizard vs Aggro Warlock.

Is Southend the new hotbed of global MW activity?

Tim

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 23, 2013, 05:22:32 PM »
I'm very interested in the deck build (like a lot of other players). I also want to learn more about the strategy used: what opening moves, what to do against a type of play (swarm, big creature, ...).

Please enlighten us with your knowledge :)

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2013, 12:59:33 PM »
I had about 3-5 people each night says hey would have played but they forgot to bring a spellbook.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage