May 09, 2024, 08:44:58 AM

Author Topic: FIF: Anvil Throne Crossbowman Preview  (Read 7012 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Anvil Throne Crossbowman Preview
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2014, 06:13:44 PM »
Oh boy is this guy rocking! I like him a fair bit simply due to the fact he's not useless in close quarters. So many times a good solid range position gets overrun by swarming enemies, but these guys can swing for respectable damage with those short axes of theirs.

Fortify Position the square he's in and he's got a little more staying power.

I'm ok with him having the one less life than the elves....yeah it makes no sense thematically but the extra piercing and again the not dying like a punk in close quarters make him very nasty indeed. I could almost see using a Bulls Endurance on one that's gotten veteran status.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »
I dont like that these dwarfs have less durability than elven archers
each level 3
11mana vs 12
1 armor each
8hp versus 9hp
lightning+1 versus none
ranged attach 3/2pierce versus 4/1

I disagree because the Warlord has plenty of things he can do to buff them. From the battle orders he has "Hold the Line" and "Take Aim" and the old Warlord has "Release Volley".

They both have access to Armory, Fortified Position, Standard Bearer, not to mention the usual cards from other schools. They can stack armor pretty readily and then be quite a pain to take down.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2014, 07:55:32 PM »
I dont like that these dwarfs have less durability than elven archers
each level 3
11mana vs 12
1 armor each
8hp versus 9hp
lightning+1 versus none
ranged attach 3/2pierce versus 4/1

Elves are just better than dwarves. ;)

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 09:28:26 PM »
I see a bigger synergy with a old orc lord more than witn new dwarf lord.

My first thought was this as well until I used my quick cast action to cast Quick March! battle order and two of these guys ran across the arena, dropped 6 dice on a wounded Infernian Scourger, and at the end of the round I conquered the idol of pestilence and replaced it with a shiny new archer's watchtower.

I personally feel that Anvil Throne can play more aggressively with his abilities than the Bloodwave. Although, in most situations, the Bloodwave  can squeeze 1 - 2 more attack dice from his troops.