May 13, 2024, 09:13:25 PM

Author Topic: Gen Con Dinner.  (Read 11100 times)

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Gen Con Dinner.
« on: May 08, 2015, 10:41:35 AM »
So with the big cons fast approaching I am beyond excited to attend my first Gen Con this year. I've been to Dragon Con and a host of local conventions but Gen Con is certainly one of the big ones left on my list. One of my best friends will be driving up from Charlotte early Thursday morning and leaving Sunday. One of the things I'm most interested in is meeting other Mage Warriors from around the country and world. Thus the Charlotte Mage Warriors would like to invite any who are interested to have dinner with us Thursday night. Not picky where, just somewhere not fast food.

If you're going to be at Gen Con and interested let me know.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
Re: Gen Con Dinner.
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 10:52:49 AM »
See you there!  ;D
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 01:10:07 PM »
I'm interested, just have to see what the wife and baby want to do.

And also if it coincides with the other events had planned.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 04:58:30 PM »
I will also be in attendance, shoot me a message when the details get squared away 

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2015, 11:34:23 AM »
I will be there as well and I'm interested in some carpooling possibilities from the Chicago area.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Coshade

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels!
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2015, 10:40:51 PM »
I am totally in!
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Greycat

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2015, 08:28:54 PM »
I am interested in meeting other MW players at a dinner as well.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 11:27:48 PM »
Ok we got us a fair bit of interest it seems. This is good cause I'm certainly not going to Gen Con to NOT do cool stuff lol. Now I don't now Indianapolis or what's around the convention center. Does anyone who's been know what they got that's reasonable affordable? I'm willing to do a steak house or any other type of sit down restaurant. Not fast food obviously.
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2015, 08:15:23 AM »
i go to indy about 2-3 times a year, but i'm always working when i'm there so i usually only am able to get fast food. There is a Mall attached to the convention centerwhich has a nice food court. all of the attached hotels all have resturants.

Within walking distance is a Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, Tilted Kilt, RAM restuarant (pretty expensive), St. Elmo's steak house (very expensive), Steak and Shake, California Pizza Kitchen, and there are many other's i'm sure i missed.

When i'm there for work I ususally only eat subway, because it's easy to get to and affordable.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2015, 11:30:05 AM »
i go to indy about 2-3 times a year, but i'm always working when i'm there so i usually only am able to get fast food. There is a Mall attached to the convention centerwhich has a nice food court. all of the attached hotels all have resturants.

Within walking distance is a Hard Rock Cafe, Hooters, Tilted Kilt, RAM restuarant (pretty expensive), St. Elmo's steak house (very expensive), Steak and Shake, California Pizza Kitchen, and there are many other's i'm sure i missed.

When i'm there for work I ususally only eat subway, because it's easy to get to and affordable.

The Ram isn't too terribly expensive, around the same price for any other bar and grill type restaurant. Steak n Shake and the fast food restaurants are going to be so packed and noisy that it pretty much defeats the purpose of going out with a group. One time I went with my group to Ram and isn't wasn't terribly over-loaded.

So I vote for Ram

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2015, 12:09:46 PM »
I'm wondering if I could put in a reservation for any of these places? Hotel restaurants are going to be expensive cause....well they just are.

I'll look into the Ram and Tilted Kilt. Maybe see what else there is.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2015, 12:16:21 PM »
The Ram makes one mean Dirt Cup for desert, I highly recommend that you try one....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2015, 07:22:21 PM »
Cool, let us know Grizzly. Thanks for that.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2015, 02:03:36 PM »
Ok Mage Warriors I did some research on this issue and I'm voting for The Tilted Kilt. It's a block from the convention center, it's reasonably priced with some nice specials and seems pretty legit. It sort of looks like a Scottish themed Hooters but hey part of a vacation is new stuff right? Plus if it's too pricey some people can just split a pizza. If it's cool with everyone I'll reserve us a table for say 12? That'll let people bring spouses and friends.

Kharhaz

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2015, 02:13:01 PM »
Ok Mage Warriors I did some research on this issue and I'm voting for The Tilted Kilt. It's a block from the convention center, it's reasonably priced with some nice specials and seems pretty legit. It sort of looks like a Scottish themed Hooters but hey part of a vacation is new stuff right? Plus if it's too pricey some people can just split a pizza. If it's cool with everyone I'll reserve us a table for say 12? That'll let people bring spouses and friends.

Nice! Appreciate the extra work Grizzle B