May 03, 2024, 04:26:01 AM

Author Topic: Twitch plays Mage Wars (but without Twitch) format  (Read 2624 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Twitch plays Mage Wars (but without Twitch) format
« on: March 30, 2014, 07:43:16 PM »
Have you ever wondered what would happen if your pet Grizzly disobeyed you? What if your demon bloodreaper decided that you were an idiot and punished you for your incompetence? What would happen if your thoughtspore was smarter than you and disobeyed you in order to help you defeat the enemy mage?

Have you ever seen Twitch plays Pokemon? This is kind of like that. It's a regular mage wars game, but with a twist. Non mage creatures are controlled by the spectators.

Here's how it works:

1. All spectators must declare their allegiance as soon as they enter the game. A spectator can only affect the actions of friendly creatures, not enemy creatures.
2. During their turn, after choosing whether to quickcast, a player will either activate their mage, or pass to non-mage creatures under their control.
3. If the player activates their mage, their action phase proceeds normally. If they pass to their non-mage creatures, that player's friendly spectators vote on which creature to activate and what to do with it.

This format can also be played in real life.

Thoughts?
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Re: Twitch plays Mage Wars (but without Twitch) format
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2014, 09:49:48 PM »
Sounds like an interesting way to involve multiple people.

lettucemode

Re: Twitch plays Mage Wars (but without Twitch) format
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2014, 11:56:01 AM »
Sounds like this variant would go well with some drank 8)