May 15, 2024, 05:06:26 AM

Author Topic: Force-fed Demise - Forcemaster  (Read 3071 times)

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Force-fed Demise - Forcemaster
« on: July 08, 2017, 07:24:41 PM »
Since Arcane Duels has shown off the new forcemaster set on their youtube channel, I thought I would try to take those cards shown in the video and build a deck using them.  The forcemaster is probably one of my weakest mages and hardest mages to build a book with.  Her style is so different from any other mage.  But these new cards make me want to build forcemaster books and I thought I would take a shot and share what I came up with.  The cards from the set can be seen in the Arcane Duels videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3h8aqQ4-Hw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6k_itqG81B0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5gpVVHupnlY&t=1379s

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Force-fed Demise[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Forcemaster Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
   1 x Telekinetic Bolt
[mwcard=FWA05]1 x Invisible Fist[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA02]2 x Force Hammer[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=DNJ11]1 x Tanglevine[/mwcard]
[mwcard=]1 x Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[mwcard=LG01J04]2 x Mind's Eye[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWBG1W01]2 x Wall of Force[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J04]1 x Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKJ01]1 x Enchanter's Wardstone[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWC16]1 x Thoughtspore[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC08]1 x Invisible Stalker[/mwcard]

2 x Force Gremlin
   1 x Force Golem
   1 x Psionic Cobra
   2 x Psionic Scarab
   1 x Tomb Guardian

[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
      2 x Mind Seize
   2 x Telekinetic Bomb
   1 x Desperate Focus
   2 x Repulsion Field
   1 x Force Shield
   2 x Redistributed Power
   1 x Lesser Invisibility

[mwcard=FWE05]1 x Forcefield[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE05]1 x Fumble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=DNE03]2 x Stumble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=LG01E02]1 x Confusion[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE03]1 x Chant of Rage[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWAPRE09]1 x Slumber[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E02]1 x Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01E05]1 x Dodge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=LG01E03]1 x Critical Strike[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E36]1 x Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E29]1 x Nullify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]1 x Rust[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE02]1 x Akiro's Favor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSE10]1 x Lullaby[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWA01E02]1 x Arcane Ward[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E32]1 x Regrowth[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1E34]1 x Reverse Attack[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]

1 x Jeweled Scarab
   2 x Symbiotic Orb
   2 x Illusory Leggings
   1 x Force Armor
   1 x Shifratar
   1 x Headress of Stasis

[mwcard=FWQ01]1 x Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q16]1 x Leather Gloves[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q15]1 x Leather Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSQ05]1 x Leviathan Scale Armor[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ03]1 x Force Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ02]1 x Defense Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ04]1 x Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=PSI01]2 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=PSI03]1 x Lesser Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]1 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I15]1 x Knockdown[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]2 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I24]1 x Seeking Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I06]2 x Dispel[/mwcard]

2 x Siphon Energy
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

The name is cheezy but its the best play on word title i could think of

This is a jack of all trades, master of none kind of book.  I do have a few ideas for books using these cards that revolve around a specific strategy, but this one is just a mishmash of a lot of the new cards and is made to outlast an early agro and let my force creatures go (wave 1)and advance my mage and stalker mid game (wave 2).

Start off with battleforge to equip up, use the dissipate creatures to press an early attack through minds eye, bring out the stalker mid game and rush in with the forcemaster. 

The guardian would be used when i am about to advance my attack so i can have a guard if i need one.  lesser invisibility is to be used on the thoughtspore with an incantation. I believe since the card says it goes away after the creature makes an attack, I can keep the thoughspore invisible for 2 turns while it does its thing (using an incantation), 3 turns if I use the headdress of stasis. 
The enchantments are mainly used to outlast a rush while my weenies are out and to play games with the opponent using fun mind spells (chant of rage, lullaby, slumber, confusion, stumble, fumble, reverse attack, telekinetic bomb, lesser invisibility, mind seize). 
I have a ton of equipment so a second forge is most likely needed but i got to find 4 points to squeeze one in.  Agony is also on my radar since most of the force creatures have aegis 1 or 2, 2 les dice wont hurt :) it would also be nice to help my mage against the attacks too.

With the new cards, something I have been thinking about is 1 mind control vs 2 or 3 mind seize.  mind seize is only for 1 turn so there is no upkeep, it only cost 2 sbps instead of 6 i believe, but is very situational!

The cobra is used only as a dissipate farm for the orb or siphon energy if i really need it.  But siphon energy is best used for the bomb :) and the scarabs are for if i have zombies on the other side of the board.

The force armor seems nice for 1 sbp and 4 armor but if it ends up not being a shining card then another leviathan scale armor will take its place.

Anyways, thats what I have so far.  Check out the youtube videos that Arcane Duels posted showcasing the cards and get excited to start building books for the Forcemaster!
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 12:23:26 AM by drmambo23 »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
Re: Force-fed Demise - Forcemaster
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2017, 09:11:47 PM »
Had a go with this yesterday, playing against a Priestess. A long game that ended with the FM's defences finally being overwhelmed by too many opponents.

All I can really report is that Alfiya the Friendly Dragon likes eating Force creatures. I guess they have no calories.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist

drmambo23

• Ambassador
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2017, 09:28:31 PM »
Had a go with this yesterday, playing against a Priestess. A long game that ended with the FM's defences finally being overwhelmed by too many opponents.

All I can really report is that Alfiya the Friendly Dragon likes eating Force creatures. I guess they have no calories.

That's awesome! Thanks for checking the book out!
I can imagine a long game against that mage. Both this book and that mage are meant for outlasting.

But yeah, that draon tho...
She destroys just about anything and the 2 damage she can dish out really puts a hurt on the smaller guys!

Apart from the dragon eating everything, how did the new creatures work for you? I really like the gremlins being invisible and getting most of the creaturea through minds eye.

And did you get a chance to smack the dragon with shifratar? Lol
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
https://www.instagram.com/pistillidesigns/
Instagram and Facebook - @pistillidesigns

Arkdeniz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
  • Hated by the Dice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2017, 11:30:03 PM »
I adore the fact the force creatures are quickcasts. I've been suggesting for a while that we need more of them. A lot of the full-round critters are rarely worth the action.

However (and this might have been simply a reflection of the opponent's build) very few of them lasted long enough to exhaust their dissapate tokens. The gremlins are cool, but don't last long in Consecrated Ground...

Trying to keep Minds Eye vs all those ethereal attacks was a forelorn hope.

And I didn't even think about engaging the dragon. This may have been an error. But the Symbiotic Orb did sterling service against her 8+ dice attacks.

Funniest moment: Samandriel tripping the reverse attack (yay) and being immune to her own 9 dice mega Light smackdown (boo!)
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
"Frost damage is a scam an armor dealer invented once to make a Beastmaster buy a new fur" - Exid

'No! Winter is coming." - Elementalist