May 02, 2024, 07:43:54 AM

Author Topic: Idling the Invisible Stalker  (Read 10944 times)

Teclis

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Idling the Invisible Stalker
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2013, 08:59:34 AM »
Damn! Didn't remember that it has to be a corporeal creature... :oops:

Koz

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 28, 2013, 10:30:35 AM »
Quote from: "Teclis" post=8269
Damn! Didn't remember that it has to be a corporeal creature... :oops:

Yeah, he can't have a Block put on him either due to the same restriction.  To my knowledge, there is no beneficial Enchatment that the IS can have put on him, although a number of curses can target him.  You can't even cast a Battle Fury on him.  Right now the only way to "buff" him is indirectly, such as putting a Marked for Death on his target.    

The Stalker is very expensive IMO, perhaps TOO expensive, but perhaps not (I need to play with him a bit to see).  He certainly seems like he would be tough to get rid of for your opponent but him not being able to be buffed makes him only so dangerous.  I really wish he had at least Piercing +1 or his attacks were Unavoidable.

jomurph86

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2013, 09:41:44 PM »
Like so many cards, I find IS to be perfect in certain situations.  Against enemy decks with low counts of zone effecting cards.  In my circles, a number of popular priestess builds have had a hard time coming up with a reliable counter to IS.  But Wizards have walked all over him.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2013, 11:24:49 AM »
I haven't played IS yet, but he seems to be an interesting creature.

Once he is in the arena the threats he poses should force the opponent to make different decisions to counter those threats as the discussion above has pointed out. Knowing this, then the ForceMaster should be prepared to take advantage of the opponent's changes during the action stage. For example, if the opponent mage is forced to use a quickcast action at the beginning of a turn to counter another threat, then this provides the IS with more opportunities toward the end of the round.

Think of the IS as providing options to change the dynamics of the Action Stage, rather than just the Action Phase.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Mathias

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »
Question about the invisibility.

As long as IS is invisble my mage can't play stuff like bear strenght on IS because she can't see him too I guess?

Tacullu64

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2013, 06:53:04 PM »
Quote from: "Mathias" post=8496
Question about the invisibility.

As long as IS is invisble my mage can't play stuff like bear strenght on IS because she can't see him too I guess?

You are correct, although your mage couldn't cast bear strength on him even if he could see him since I.S. is noncorporeal and bear strength targets corporeal creatures.