May 15, 2024, 11:33:06 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wand/ Knockdown incantation  (Read 4186 times)

TRISHMUMSCERM

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Mage Wand/ Knockdown incantation
« on: October 29, 2012, 01:28:55 AM »
Hello,

I was looking for some feedback on a card combo that seems to be to powerful for this game. We wanted to make sure it is being played correctly. Using the core spell books Beastmaster and Warlock; the beastmaster can use a mage wand and bind knockdown incantation and basically win the game by simply knocking out the Warlock for 2 full rounds. 1st during the Beastmaster's turn move, then again, with Beastmaster first move with initiative. We have played 2 times and that one move has won the game both times. I do realize that there are cards to destroy the wand that need a lot of mana and by the time the warlock has been attacked for 2 full rounds in knock down mode it's basically  to late. Hopefully this makes sense and my question is if these cards the are being played correctly. If I use knockdown on a mage at the beginning of a round he cannot do anything until the next turn, leaving him open to barrage of attacks with no defense.

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wand/ Knockdown incantation
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 02:36:22 AM »
Knockdown works until the begining of target's Action -> it does not prevent it from making move, cast a spell or perform an attack. So this is not so powerfull.
It is uosed to make creatures defenceless and non-flying for the upcomming attacks.
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wand/ Knockdown incantation
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:59:34 AM »
Quote from: "Rory" post=2721
Hello,

I was looking for some feedback on a card combo that seems to be to powerful for this game. We wanted to make sure it is being played correctly. Using the core spell books Beastmaster and Warlock; the beastmaster can use a mage wand and bind knockdown incantation and basically win the game by simply knocking out the Warlock for 2 full rounds. 1st during the Beastmaster's turn move, then again, with Beastmaster first move with initiative. We have played 2 times and that one move has won the game both times. I do realize that there are cards to destroy the wand that need a lot of mana and by the time the warlock has been attacked for 2 full rounds in knock down mode it's basically  to late. Hopefully this makes sense and my question is if these cards the are being played correctly. If I use knockdown on a mage at the beginning of a round he cannot do anything until the next turn, leaving him open to barrage of attacks with no defense.

We talked about before in this thread. Check it out. I hope that helps.
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage