May 13, 2024, 09:53:11 AM

Author Topic: Battleforge Druid  (Read 14781 times)

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
Re: Battleforge Druid
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2013, 01:18:47 AM »
Had to find someway to push back the zombie hoards!  ;D

And nice add in with the tangle vine- Have not done that!
Where does my greatest enemy lie?
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

DarthDadaD20

• Dark Father of Random Occurrence/TeamRocket Grunt
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2013, 10:36:57 AM »
Another thing that I might add that I have in all of my druid builds (And as of now it is a promo...) is Ballista.

Ballista is great for protecting the druids set up zones, like the starting zone with her tree.

I often stand back and cast spells from afar using vines when I play the druid- and ballista allows me to do so- not many things want to get in range of it.

Ballista is nice also for conjurations like Wizards Tower- which, when placed correctly, will give my druid alot of problems. (Mostly due to my turtling with her, and setting up those zones that even geyser can start to take out.)

Just a thought.
It has been around since the dawn of time,
it follows your loved ones as well as mine,
takes the form of a mountain as well as a flower,
it cannot be outrun by the greatest of power.
Within Shad0w.

The Dude

• Hitchhiker of sorts
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
  • It's like... good gracious...bodacious.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2013, 11:45:19 AM »
Yah ballista is absolutely fantastic for protection. Moving a zone and casting tree and ballista in near center is a fantastic way to protect your setup. Two ballistas is just aggro as hell when combo'd with the vine markers.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster
Always carry a towel...

baronzaltor

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2013, 12:11:04 PM »
To be fair, as it currently stands every spell book should have multiple Ballistas in it.. regardless of mage, archetype, strategy or style.

Even paying triple spell cost for it as a Druid its worth running some.

Aylin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 31, 2013, 03:04:27 PM »
To be fair, as it currently stands every spell book should have multiple Ballistas in it.. regardless of mage, archetype, strategy or style.

Even paying triple spell cost for it as a Druid its worth running some.

Only if your meta runs Promo cards. Many do not.

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2013, 10:11:43 PM »
I don't play with Ballista. I can see it being good for the Druid, but I expect it to be fantastic for pretty much any build. Particularly the Forcemaster.

The issue I've found with playing Vine Tree and Battleforge on turn 1 is that it leaves you in a poor position to adapt to a Lord of Fire rush. Galador and Tarok can help, but you've invested so much mana in action advantage that doesn't help you play them that it's difficult to efficiently respond. You can prevent the Lord of Fire from killing you quickly with Dragonscale Hauberk, Elemental Cloak, Barkskin, and Lifebond, but it's very difficult to keep your Vine Tree alive, and playing plant creatures from your Vine Tree just seems like throwing more mana away. Lord of Fire just kills plants so quickly.

Other sources of fire damage aren't nearly as big of a problem. Lash of Hellfire can be destroyed with Dissolve and Corrosive Orchid pretty easily, Circle of Fire can be Dispelled, and Firebrand Imp and Flaming Hellion are weak enough that you can focus them down. Attack spells are one shot, so you mostly need to worry about eating a zone attack.

I think I'll try running a build with just Vine Tree for action advantage, and more Acid Balls and Burst of Thorns. Acid Ball and Burst of Thorns allow you to more efficiently focus down and armored targets like Lord of Fire. It will also be easier to take advantage of my animal support.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 26, 2015, 12:39:48 AM »
You can deploy a vine creature practically anywhere on the board with Vine Tree (any zone up to 2 zones away from a vine marker you control)....

Say what? Someone please tell me that this is not correct. Don't you have to target the zone with the vine marker? How can you cast a creature within two of a vine marker? (I'm probably misunderstanding what is being said... but still....)
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #22 on: June 26, 2015, 03:11:34 AM »
You can deploy a vine creature practically anywhere on the board with Vine Tree (any zone up to 2 zones away from a vine marker you control)....

Say what? Someone please tell me that this is not correct. Don't you have to target the zone with the vine marker? How can you cast a creature within two of a vine marker? (I'm probably misunderstanding what is being said... but still....)

I'm pretty sure what they mean is that you can deploy a vine marker with your spreading vines ability then use the vine tree to do it again. Since you can place a vine token adjacent to a previously existing token you would be able to spread your distance up to two zones away from a previously placed vine.
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster