May 15, 2024, 03:09:52 PM

Author Topic: Two doubts:Dancing Scimitar and Anvil Throne Runes & Hawkeye and Chain Lightning  (Read 4211 times)

Lord Petiso

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
After my last two matchs I will be really plesed if you can clarify two dobuts:

According with the Anvil Throne hability card, runes could be assigned on any equipment attached to the mage,

Following this characteristics could defense rune to be attached to dancing scimitar? I know that defense ring do not work with dancing smitar but... rune could works?

My other doubt is related with Chain Lightning

if I have attached to my mage the Hawkeye Enchantment

My main attack will be 5+1=6 dice attack, but for the following attacks it sould be 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 or since   Hawkeye Enchantment hability just aplly to the first attack it should be 6 and 4,3, 2, 1?

Thanks in advance for your answers!!

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Both Rune of Shielding and Defense Ring work with the Dancing Scimitar. It is an equipment attached to your Mage, and your Mage is still using it's Defense to avoid an attack. There is no language on any of these cards, abilities, or the Autonomous trait that would prevent these things from working together.

With Chain Lightning, it would be 6,4,3,2,1,1...
This is discussed in the Chain Lightning section of the Official Rules and Codes Supplement on pages 30 and 31. "Any modifiers that apply to one attack do not affect the number of dice rolled during subsequent attacks."

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Actually, Defense Ring does not work with Dancing Scimitar. See page 32 of the Rules Supplement under Defense Ring.

As far as I can tell, the Rune of Shielding should work though.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
You are absolutely correct. The Rules Supplement is very clear that the [mwcard=FWQ02]Defense Ring[/mwcard] does not affect Autonomous equipment now that I've looked at it.

Edit: Rant about this not making sense to me recanted.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2015, 11:51:08 PM by Zuberi »

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
The issue is autonomous. it makes it so that it can't be affected by items like Defense Ring.

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
Ah, okay. I recant my rant. The Ring is a condition on the Mage and thus can not affect the Scimitar. That makes sense. I missed several things on this one it seems.

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
And that's your one miss for the whole year. You'll be flawless the rest of it :).