Mage Wars > Mage Wars Academy

Question to all players of Academy

<< < (2/2)

Halewijn:
played arena first.

I like academy a lot for two reasons:
1) It's shorter for if you don't want to have a very long game
2) If I play it with someone new, it is actually a challenge to win, while they would not stand a chance in Arena.

--- Quote from: Donovan on August 17, 2016, 03:25:19 PM ---I don't like that some rules are COMPLETELY different in Academy compared to Arena. For example "melee +x" and Pest vs Guard. That is bound to cause problems in either one of them. And in my view it is unnecessary.

--- End quote ---

The melee+x rule is for balance and the pest rule is simply a lot better! Should be altered in Arena as well.

Donovan:

--- Quote from: Halewijn on August 17, 2016, 03:51:45 PM ---played arena first.

I like academy a lot for two reasons:
1) It's shorter for if you don't want to have a very long game
2) If I play it with someone new, it is actually a challenge to win, while they would not stand a chance in Arena.

--- Quote from: Donovan on August 17, 2016, 03:25:19 PM ---I don't like that some rules are COMPLETELY different in Academy compared to Arena. For example "melee +x" and Pest vs Guard. That is bound to cause problems in either one of them. And in my view it is unnecessary.

--- End quote ---

The melee+x rule is for balance and the pest rule is simply a lot better! Should be altered in Arena as well.

--- End quote ---

I agree about the pest rule. But I also agree with myself =;-)  that this is different and that this difference is not necessary. Like you said, this should change in Arena.

Regarding the melee+x rule. I'm still not 100% what the idea is in Academy. Does this mean you HAVE to use it when you perform your first melee attack? Even if that attack is a counter strike?

If that is the case, I think I would have named the concept differently. Not melee +x but first blow +x for example.

There are bound to be mix ups in either game.

Halewijn:
yes, you have to.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version