May 03, 2024, 01:19:45 AM

Author Topic: I'm leaving the forums.  (Read 5117 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
I'm leaving the forums.
« on: August 31, 2015, 03:41:20 PM »
I sincerely apologize for being so obnoxious and obtuse, and for causing such a big problem for this community, for Mage Wars and for Arcane Wonders. It was not intentional, but I take full responsibility for my words and the damage they have caused. If the majority of new players who are hesitant to join these forums are deterred specifically by me, then it's best for the community for me to leave because I am personally causing more harm than good.

I might still play on OCTGN sometimes, but if my presence on there is also too toxic, then I might stop playing on there too.

I really enjoyed this community and the time I've spent in it, and I'm very sorry that I have harmed it so badly. Thank you all for such a great time and such a great game.

Goodbye.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2015, 04:09:51 PM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Erebus

• Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: I'm leaving the forums.
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2015, 04:48:20 PM »
Not sure what prompted this, but thanks for sharing your creative ideas on the forums for such a long time. Sorry to see that you're leaving. I hope you continue to enjoy Mage Wars and other games in your free time. 
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
"You see the great thing about madness is that it's all in your head."

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2015, 04:55:20 PM »
I also am not sure what prompted this. You have never seemed like a toxic presence to me. You actually bring a lot of life to the creative sections of the forums. Like Erebus, I thank you for all of your contributions and wish you well.

bigfatchef

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2015, 06:26:35 PM »
I really don't know you and a lot of other people here. I am not doing much in the forum bit reading. But I always thought you are deeply connected to arcane wonders and have some job like “creator of alternate ideas of playing“.

I can really feel your problems you are telling about the search for players. I was searching a lot, too. At the end I guess I am happy to have found some players after about two years.
I don't know your region, but people behave in 1000 different ways. Don't take tips too serious. It is always easy to say “just do that“. At the end playing groups are very different. Some are more close friends and quite internal, some more competitive and visible to public.
Mage Wars is hard to learn and the main reason I got people to play is to have a cool evening together. For some this means showing them awsome cards, to others I tell some crazy strategies and there are also those who just want a beer and the rest is kind of happening.
Anyway: maybe you are really just unlucky with your region. That is possible and was never discussed as a real option!

Coming back to the topic: I guess you have some reasons to leave this forum. But from what I was reading, nobody was confronting you or did want so. Opinions can be different. That beeing said, you will definitively leave a hole in the creative sections.

Thanks for sharing you ideas and good wishes for whatever you do with your time.  It must be quite a lot looking at your posts ;)

Maybe we meet on octgn !

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2015, 10:44:10 PM »
Hey, keep in touch.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2015, 02:41:17 AM »
???

tout de bon à toi!

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2015, 03:24:16 AM »
Really dont see a reason why anything you commented would be toxic.  ???
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

jhaelen

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2015, 04:29:10 AM »
?! what's this? the equivalent of a rage-quit?

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 01, 2015, 04:40:51 AM »
I must say myself. I am 100% PRO Lurker on this forum and still i was not able to detect any disturbance in a Force or just a rude post. Sarcastic? Yeah, few, but i think that this is not the problem you are talking about.

I hope you just had a bad monday and that your decission is not that firm today :)

• Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

jupiter999

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2015, 06:53:18 AM »
I can really feel your problems you are telling about the search for players. I was searching a lot, too. At the end I guess I am happy to have found some players after about two years.

If this is the reason why you leave, then I'm gonna say, I haven't even found any player yet since buying Core set + 2 Tome Expansions + FvW + DvN + CoK + FiF, until now, which is almost 1 full year, which is really a bummer to me :'(
Still I keep studying the game and stick to the forum. Most of my time, I'll try playing the game in "Solo mode" in my mind, and try to get some inspiration for my own design from MW during leisure time. Still not too bad, I guess...

Anyhow, maybe the way you relate your ideas about the game doesn't suit some players from time to time. So don't be too serious, or you push yourself too harsh and think you are the toxic to the forum.

Still the words: don't be too serious~ Cheers  :)

gdieckhaus

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2015, 04:13:51 PM »
I hope you rediscover your passion for the game
Gregg
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2015, 10:24:18 AM »
After further reflection, I have decided that I won't completely leave the forums. That being said, I really need to get a lot better at listening more and talking less. I think I'm going to restrict myself to the creative, lore, and alternate play sections for now and take a long, perhaps indefinite break from the rest of the forums. I might also post a spellbook I've made every once in a while.

Again, I apologize for the harmful effect I have had on this community, and I will continue trying to improve my communications both online and in real life.

Thank you.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2015, 12:00:37 PM »
I stil don't understand the problem ("harmfull effect", etc.)...

A forum is a place to talk, we all have different styles (yours use a lot of words, i agree, hard to read for a non-english native as I am), and we all are big enough to manage that!
Well... I hope...

Cnoedel

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2015, 07:33:27 PM »
Dude, chill, what bothers you this much?!

I like having you here :)

And besides my several games against girlfirend and 3 matches on OCTGN i have never played any matches of MW and I am still in love with the game and the forum <3
"I close my eyes and seize it
 I clench my fists and beat it
 I light my torch and burn it
 I am the beast I worship..."

DTHGRPSBWR

http://absurdurbannihilist.tumblr.com/
my blog.