May 03, 2024, 05:35:53 AM

Author Topic: Battlegrounds Domination Release Update  (Read 14163 times)

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • "Now... bring me that horizon..."
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
Battlegrounds Domination Release Update
« on: July 13, 2015, 03:02:56 PM »
Unfortunately, I'm the bearer of bad news today.  In short, our manufacturer used an inferior card stock and coating than specified for the July release units and as such, our release is being delayed until October.  More details are online here, and we have just sent notification to our pre-order customers with options, as well.

We understand this is disappointing for many of you, as it is for us.  It's an unfortunate circumstance in the hobby we love so much, that manufacturing "surprises" to even the best laid out plans.

Any comments or questions, please let us know, and believe me when I say, we are doing everything we can to bring this date in.

Details: http://www.arcanewonders.com/arcane-wonders/battlegrounds-domination-release-update
  • Favourite Mage: Anvil Throne Warlord

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Battlegrounds Domination Release Update
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2015, 03:39:20 PM »
This is a setback, but one I believe most players will appreciate. If the quality was indeed insufficient then this is an example of the love you guys put into the game.  ;D (And the proof that you don't want to set us up)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

Hardcordo

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 03:41:13 PM »
Bummer  :-\

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 03:43:25 PM »
It's unfortunate but it isn't Arcane Wonders' fault. & it's certainly better than releasing an inferior product.

The question now is, how does this change the release schedule of the upcoming products, if at all?
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2015, 03:53:07 PM »
That is a bummer but I agree with everything these guys have said. If it's for a reason out of your control, and you made the decision for the quality of your product, then I support that decision 100%.

Although, I also think LoW's question is valid. Are we going to see Academy in due time? Will the other expansions also get pushed back?
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2015, 03:55:29 PM »
It's unfortunate but it isn't Arcane Wonders' fault. & it's certainly better than releasing an inferior product.

The question now is, how does this change the release schedule of the upcoming products, if at all?

Academy, PVS, and the DTE line are separate from this and should not be impacted.  Academy is still scheduled for pre-release at Gen Con and full release later this year, and the team is working on PVS, Onitama, City of Gears, and Royals as well for the DTE line.

Intangible0

• Arcane Duels Host
  • Playtester
  • Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
    • Arcane Duels
« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2015, 04:09:59 PM »
!!! ;D !!!
  • Favourite Mage: Johktari Beastmaster

Lord0fWinter

• Warden of the North
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
  • www.magewars.weebly.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 13, 2015, 04:25:10 PM »
Academy, PVS, and the DTE line are separate from this and should not be impacted.  Academy is still scheduled for pre-release at Gen Con and full release later this year, and the team is working on PVS, Onitama, City of Gears, and Royals as well for the DTE line.

Good to hear! I figured that was the answer but thought it warranted being asked just to make sure.
  • Favourite Mage: Darkfenne Necromancer
Visit my Mage Wars blog at www.magewars.weebly.com, also check me out on facebook at https://www.facebook.com/MageWarsBlog and on twitter at @MageWarsBlog

rant

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • p00pstar on Octgn
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2015, 04:30:38 PM »
Forged in fire released July 2nd 2014. As a fan, an October release date is disheartening. Are there plans to correct the delays that have plagued AW?
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2015, 04:39:13 PM »
Forged in fire released July 2nd 2014. As a fan, an October release date is disheartening. Are there plans to correct the delays that have plagued AW?

To be very direct, the majority of perceived delays in releasing new product for Mage Wars has been the announcement of items too soon in development (PVS) and the team's complications on managing new designs, like Battlegrounds and Academy.

We know fully, and are just as frustrated with, the time frame between releases right now and are working to fix that.  We understand fully that the fans want more, and we hope it's understood that our design team is small, but dedicated, to delivering great games.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2015, 04:41:41 PM by Toxziq »

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2015, 11:56:04 PM »
Unfortunate but understandable. I'll just hold off on remodeling my Anvil Throne Warlord for a bit and continue enjoying the Mage Wars I have now. I look forward to playing Academy at Gen Con as well. I'm still fully behind Arcane Wonders as a company and they'll be getting my money as soon as Domination releases.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.

C Savy

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 14, 2015, 12:44:01 AM »
I'm sure this is disheartening for the Dev team. I know our little play group will get it when it releases. Thanks for keeping quality as a priority. This gives us new players more time with the first five sets. I do feel for the experienced players who are waiting with great expectation for new material.

Boocheck

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 14, 2015, 04:01:03 AM »
We are talking about Board game, not a dosage of Insulin or Organ transplant.

What i really like and what i value most, is that AW is comunicating with us and also that their value quality of their products because they believe in them.

I hope all customers see it in a way i do :)
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
I am one with the force, the force is with me! (Warlord is still my fav mage ;) )

jupiter999

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 14, 2015, 07:00:35 AM »
No problem at all.
For the sake of quality, and the way of Arcane Wonders communicates, I salute and appreciate it!
Best wishes!

Toxziq

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
    • Crits Happen
« Reply #14 on: July 14, 2015, 09:41:51 AM »
I just want to take a moment and say thank you to everyone.  I, personally, was very concerned about this message.  As most of you know, I came to Arcane Wonders to work, leaving a steady corporate job, as I believe in Mage Wars, and I believe in Aaron and Bryan, our design team.  I love Mage Wars, and it's my favorite game of all time, but it does my heart good to hear all the positive feedback, both here, and in the emails we've received from making the announcement on our newsletter.

We have an amazing community, and yes, we work 100%+ for everyone out there.  We know we're not WOTC with multitudes of finance and designers, but we believe Mage Wars offers something no other games offer in the space, true strategic gameplay without the luck of the draw.

I can't thank you all enough for the support, the love, and the comradery during this time.  While yes, we are pretty dissapointed with this issue, and not being able to have this on your tables as planned, it's tremendous to hear that so many of you believe in what we do.

Thank you all!