May 06, 2024, 09:48:11 PM

Author Topic: Forceblaster (who needs Galvitar!)  (Read 2290 times)

sshroom

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Forceblaster (who needs Galvitar!)
« on: July 22, 2016, 05:42:18 PM »
I always thought it would be funny to try a book that uses many range 3 attack spells. Erect a wall in front of the enemy mage to keep him in his back row.  Blast from the relative safety from your own. Many thoughtspores facilitate positioning control and corrosion/removal of enemy armor. You really want to get your channeling up to 16 which is enough to teleport you up to 2 spaces so that you have a clear file to the enemy and hit him with a thunderbolt each turn. There's nowhere to hide!

Attack
2 Acid Ball
3 Hurl Meteorite
3 Thunderbolt

Conjuration
Deathlock
4 Mana Crystal
6 Wall of Pikes

Creature
4 Thoughtspore

Enchantment
Akiro's Favor
4 Block
2 Brace Yourself
Harmonize
Hawkeye

Equipment
Elemental Wand
Mage Wand
Moonglow Amulet

Incantation
2 Dispel
2 Dissolve
2 Force Push
Minor Heal
Purify
2 Sleep
2 Teleport

Plan is
T1 (20): Extended Wall of Pikes right in front of the enemy (-9), Mana Crystal (-5)
T2 (17): Double Crystal (-10)
T3 (20): Crystal (-5), Thoughtspore (-8) (prob a force push to push the enemy around)
T4 (21): Amulet (-6), Thoughtspore (-8) (this could be another enemy control spore, or a teleport one to keep near you to make sure you are always within range 3 for a blast)
T5 (22): Harmonize (-6), play it by ear (spore 3? hawkeye/favor? keeping spores alive? blast?)

This plan of course might be a bit optimistic, but the T1 walls may discourage an early rush by the enemy. Of course actions/mana may have to be used in early turns to keep the spores alive. Walls can be replaced as needed. Pesky creatures that sneak through can be put to sleep. Drop deathlock when the enemy is low on life to seal the deal.

This is obviously not a "tier 1" construction, but more of a casual/fun book. Comments/suggestions/mockery are always welcome. Cheers!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Forceblaster (who needs Galvitar!)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2016, 08:49:47 PM »
Looks like it would be fun if you can get it to actually work. However, even in casual play the mana cost per round of this plan is so steep I doubt you'll be able to carry it out unless your opponent just sits there and waits for you. You'd probably be better off switching to wizard and using elemental wand plus thunderbolt. Also you'll want to have some way to keep enemy Mage from getting within range 2 of you. Either enfeeble them, or use a wizard tower with jet streams to push them away. Send out a devouring jelly and teleport it towards the enemy if they start armoring up. Always have teleports handy to get out of range. Teleport good on a Mage Wand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

RomeoXero

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Re: Forceblaster (who needs Galvitar!)
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2016, 08:55:20 PM »
I'm curious how you plan to get an extended wall of pikes in front of your enemy turn one and cast a crystal the same round? Even with a double move that's risky business as its going to forecast a plan pretty quickly. Also one teleport by your opponent turn 2 negates your whole plan and puts them right in striking distance and even on mana sp and actions.

Id add a second elemental wand. Your going to find the first one catches a lot of hate.

Maybe add some armor.  Either rhino hide or a chest piece or something in case the plan goes foul.  Brace yourself is good but seeking dispel is getting pretty popular in the current meta and thorn push sucks!
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
I love this game. Its awesome!