May 06, 2024, 08:29:32 PM

Author Topic: Forcemaster Jedi  (Read 2213 times)

Looke83

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Forcemaster Jedi
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:07 AM »
Hi Everyone.

I'm trying to make my first Forcemaster and I have figure such a configuration :

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]JediForcemasterLooke 3.0[/spellbookname]
[mage]Forcemaster[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWA02]3 x  Force Hammer[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWA05]4 x  Invisible Fist[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1j21]1 x  Suppression Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j16]1 x  Mordok's Obelisk[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j04]1 x  Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1j13]1 x  Mana Flower[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1w04]2 x  Wall of Thorns[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWC08]1 x  Invisible Stalker[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC12]3 x  Psylok[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWC16]2 x  Thoughtspore[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWE05]1 x  Forcefield[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e10]1 x  Decoy[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e02]2 x  Block[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE01]2 x  Charm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e17]1 x  Force Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE04]1 x  Force Crush[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFE05]2 x  Fumble[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE07]1 x  Mind Control[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWE08]1 x  Mind Shield[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e34]2 x  Reverse Attack[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e05]1 x  Cheetah Speed[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e01]1 x  Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1e36]1 x  Rhino Hide[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWQ01]1 x  Dancing Scimitar[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ03]1 x  Force Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ04]1 x  Galvitar, Force Blade[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWQ07]1 x  Psi-Orb[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q15]1 x  Leather Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q02]1 x  Bearskin[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q11]1 x  Gauntlets of Strength[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1q23]1 x  Regrowth Belt[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=mw1i12]3 x  Force Push[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i26]4 x  Sleep[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI03]3 x  Disarm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i28]3 x  Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=mw1i06]2 x  Dispel[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 120 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

Main goal for this book is to make my Forcemaster very mobile and deadly. All enchantments are for her. As for the creatures Thoughtspores should help me to keep mobile [teleport], pushing my opponents through the walls and attacking them with attack spells. One Stalker if thinks are start to being ugly, and Psylock to keep pressure and eventually to fight with another flying creatures.

Proposition for opening moves :
R1: Mana Flower + Forge : 20 - 13=7mana
R2: 18 - 2 Force Ring [-1 Forge] - 8 Toughtspore [attack spell] - 7 Suppression Orb [-1 Ring]
R3: 12 - 2 Gaunlets [-1 Forge] - 10 Galvitar [-1 Ring]

For this moment or my opponent will be close to me and we will start to fight, or I will summon another Toughtspore.

This is my concept spellbook - to be honest it is only in my mind - I have never tried this configuration, so I be very grateful for any suggestions.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2015, 05:44:00 AM by Looke83 »

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Jedi
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 11:19:59 AM »
Hi Looke83!

I'm noticing a couple of things about your book that you should carefully consider:

1) You have two non-complimentary strategies.  You do not want to have a Suppression Orb or Mordok's Obelisk out while you're using your creatures because you'll just be draining your own resources.

2) Casting a lot of creatures with the Forcemaster will not usually end the game as quickly as you want to.  The Forcemaster has no spawnpoint so each creature you choose to cast is going to take the place of a Galvitar swing.

3) Psyloks are just too situational to be good with the current card pool.  There are a great many things that are psychic immune and their attacks do psychic damage.  It is nice that it's critical and unavoidable, but 2 dice at a full action with a range of 0-0 means that they aren't even worth attacking, but even if your opponent does want to eliminate them all it takes is a fireball since they have no armor.

4) To get the most out of your Cheetah Speed you'll want a Mongoose Agility to go with it or the ability to reliably deal with guards quickly and efficiently.  I would suggest Mongoose Agility.  Additionally, I'm curious about your enchantment choices in general.  Do you run into a lot of psychic attacks or effects that you feel that Mind Shield is worth it?  Charm is great if you have no other creatures on the board, but they can still guard with the charmed creature so you'll need to push it out of the way.

5) You'll want a couple of Dissolves in your book if only for enemy [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard].

6) Armored mages are going to be a problem for you so you'll need a way to get rid of armor.  Classic answers to armor are [mwcard=DNA01]Acid Ball[/mwcard] or [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE07]Rust[/mwcard].

7) If your primary goal is to Galvitar them to death you'll want to maximize your swing each turn.  Here are the buffs: Bear's Strength (you've got it, but you'll want a back up), Gauntlets (another good choice you've made), [mwcard=MWSTX2FFE06]Lion Savagery[/mwcard] is good for chasing them down and you'll always benefit from the +1 Piercing, consider adding [mwcard=MW1J08]Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard] and [mwcard=MW1E27]Marked for Death[/mwcard] for the extra dice.  I've recently become a believer in [mwcard=MW1E14]Enfeeble[/mwcard] for keeping the enemy mage where you want them without the upkeep of Force Hold or Force Crush (of course, the force spells are cheaper for your spellbook so choose wisely).

8) If you choose Galvitar as your main damage source you need to be aware of the ways that the opponent will try to shut you down.  [mwcard=MW1E09]Agony[/mwcard] and anything that applies the Weak condition (see [mwcard=MW1C18]Gorgon Archer[/mwcard]) will seriously cramp the Galvitar style.

9) Carry your own pair of [mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard] to protect you from being pushed through your own walls.  I would replace the Bearskin with [mwcard=MW1Q06]Dragonscale Hauberk[/mwcard] if you primarily fight Warlocks or [mwcard=MW1Q33]Wind Wyvern Hide[/mwcard] or [mwcard=FWQ10]Storm Drake Hide[/mwcard] if fighting an Air Wizard.  Since there is nothing that currently deals Frost damage in the game Bearskin isn't as helpful as one of these armors.

10) I'm fairly certain that you will not be needing 4 copies of Sleep.  One Thoughtspore with a Sleep on it will take care of an enemy swarm.

In my experience most people don't choose to close the gap between them and the Forcemaster.  They already know that she's going to come to them and beat on them.  You'll have to close the gap yourself.  Also, they will do their best to keep you still and kill you from a distance.  Be prepared to deal with a lot of Tanglevines.  It's a delicate balance between giving yourself enough time to set up and giving the opponent not enough time to set up.  Forcemasters tend scare people into dropping some of their economy at the beginning so your set up should be short and effective.

Also, if things "get ugly" an Invisible Stalker will not save you.  Teleport will save you if things get ugly, but you better have a plan to recover or end the game quickly ([mwcard=FWA04]Hurl Boulder[/mwcard])or you will fall to the opponent's better long game plan as I have on a great many occasions.

Always remember, no theoretical book is going to be perfect.  Try it out and see what you need and what you don't need...and then tell us about it!

By the way, if you are having trouble finding opponents, we're always looking for new players on OCTGN!
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

coyotecloudchasr

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Forcemaster Jedi
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 12:02:48 PM »
With my own limited experience with the Forcemaster, I strongly second Puddnhead comments about adding the Mongoose Agility, Dragonscale Hauberk and Dissolves.  Also second his comments about a more aggressive opening on Turn 1 such as running forward two spaces and dropping your Forge so you can threaten to attack or Force Hammer on Turn 2 if desired and force your opponent to react quickly, and also more easily keep your Forge in range.
  • Favourite Mage: Arraxian Crown Warlock