May 03, 2024, 05:51:38 PM

Author Topic: Mohktari's Branch  (Read 4280 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Mohktari's Branch
« on: June 19, 2015, 05:24:00 PM »
No topic yet on [mwcard=DNQ06] Mohktari's Branch[/mwcard] either so here we go:

Since its made out of plant(Mohktari presumably) and may even be living, I'd like it to gain the plant subtype (I'm surprised [mwcard=DNQ08] Vinewhip Staff[/mwcard] doesnt have the plant subtype either). That way a reaction-druid can equip it (via seedling pod) and use it on the same turn without blowing both actions (or using a battleforge).

I feel like its underused because you don't usually pull one out until you know you can use it. By the time you pull it out you may have 3 burn/acid markers on a tree. It also competes for space versus leaf ring and enchantment ring.

It's good for protecting your treebond. This, lifebond, and tataree together mean your tree heals 6 damage and one condition per turn(lifetree, goblin builders, and renewing rain are the only other ways to keep treebonds alive that i am aware of).  Only healing one isnt so good on zero armor vinesnappers and such though.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

ACG

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Mohktari's Branch
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2015, 04:57:34 AM »
That way a reaction-druid can equip it (via seedling pod) and use it on the same turn without blowing both actions (or using a battleforge).

Sadly, [mwcard=DNJ08]Seedling Pod[/mwcard] may only cast creatures and conjurations.

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2015, 05:10:06 AM »
awww...
I wonder why its worded that way. I imagine someone broke it but i cant imagine how.

During the Deployment phase, if there is 3 or more mana on Seedling Pod it may cast a plant spell with a reduced range of 0-0. If it does, destroy Seedling Pod.

krj

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2015, 11:45:42 AM »
it will be nice if it could do that healing in upkeep phase without loosing quick action, similar to new Academy card : Emerald Elk  Stave.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2015, 08:20:44 PM »
Are you saying that this spell isn't used in general by Druids? I have one of these in my Druid book and no Leaf Ring. The idea is to equip it when the Mage is not under a lot of pressure so as to have a choice in spells to cast in the future. I have only played a Druid two or three times now, but have see plenty of conditions stack on my bound tree.

Someone else mentioned Tataree... I had that spell in my book at first until I realized how fragile the creature is. If I came up to one, I think I'd spend a Force Push and toss it against a wall (presuming I didn't have a more appropriate Air school attack spell to use).
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 10:38:16 AM »
Someone else mentioned Tataree... I had that spell in my book at first until I realized how fragile the creature is. If I came up to one, I think I'd spend a Force Push and toss it against a wall (presuming I didn't have a more appropriate Air school attack spell to use).

It would have a fair chance at dodging an attack spell. The force push into a wall might be a better option. or knockdown+quicksand or Knockdown + Stranglevine

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 10:50:51 AM »
If you're using KD+QS on the Butterfly, you're wasting a lot of resources. Cheaper to let it live.
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.