May 19, 2024, 08:50:51 AM

Author Topic: FIF: Armory Preview  (Read 6101 times)

MrSaucy

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
Re: FIF: Armory Preview
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2014, 07:06:24 PM »
I disagree with people who think Warlord is meant to swarm. I have always had a lot more success NOT playing him swarm. Though I think I will try swarming with the new Warlord to see how it goes.

Harmonize your Barracks and get the other two outposts of your turn. You'll get something out every other turn basically.

Seems unnecessary to me (and a waste of 3 points due to the triple arcane cost). Getting out 3 total outposts (spwanpoint included) isn't very difficult and should be sufficient I would think.
"See you space cowboy..."

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2014, 07:25:41 PM »
I agree that it feels like the designers intent was for his play style to be a swarm, much like the Beastmaster, however the Orb and Obelisk totally kill swarm plays.
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2014, 07:53:06 PM »
I disagree with people who think Warlord is meant to swarm. I have always had a lot more success NOT playing him swarm. Though I think I will try swarming with the new Warlord to see how it goes.

Harmonize your Barracks and get the other two outposts of your turn. You'll get something out every other turn basically.

Seems unnecessary to me (and a waste of 3 points due to the triple arcane cost). Getting out 3 total outposts (spwanpoint included) isn't very difficult and should be sufficient I would think.

Because right now, it doesnt have the tools to play a swarm. But once FiF get released, I am pretty sure swarm will be a viable thing for Warlord.

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 11:59:39 PM »
I haven't played Warlord yet, it's one of the 3 mages I still have touched along with Force Master and Beast Mistress. But given the high damage some of his guys can dish out a swarm of them could be terrifying. My roommate plays him swarm style and he's somewhat devastating now actually.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.