May 10, 2024, 10:28:22 AM

Author Topic: Face-up/Face-down enchantment  (Read 9828 times)

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
Re: Face-up/Face-down enchantment
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2016, 05:30:11 AM »
Can't you Arcane Ward an Arcane Ward? I mean, they would be on different targets. One Ward would be targeting your forcefield and the other would be targeting the first Ward.

yes, but with a dispel on the FF you destroy both AW!

Kaarin

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2016, 01:36:16 PM »
now you cant move an arcane ward with enchantment onto the forcefield. cause you have to move it to a legal target creature, but you want to move it to a legal target enchantment. Good that it is so
Good catch.
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
OCTGN: Wstrzasniety (UTC+2)

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2016, 02:00:47 PM »
So, in other words, there's no way to protect Forcefield?

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2016, 02:01:56 PM »
Run them out of dispels first. Or Jinx them when they have 12 mana.  Arcane Ward still works on Forcefield.  And it will waste a seeking dispel.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2016, 02:05:26 PM »
Those are all ways to do other things. I'm specifically speaking to this situation when the opponent has the final action of one phase and will get initiative next turn so they have the 3 consecutive actions. Dispel, Dispel, Attack and there's nothing I could do in that situation; correct?

Puddnhead

• Member of Arcane Duels; MageCast Co-host
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
Prep Forcefield #2
Don't let them have the freedom to spend 3 actions on your Forcefield without being severely punished for it.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 06, 2016, 02:56:04 PM »
In other words, no?

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 06, 2016, 03:14:04 PM »
you defenitly have one action in between to get the arcane ward again, so only dispel dispel or seeking dispel/dispel or arcane ward/dispel of course your field is gone.

So: prepare second forcefield and a ward: in first qc if he dispels cause he has ini, cast the new one, else ward it, and if he removes ward and field, cast the second one

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 06, 2016, 03:18:26 PM »
The situation I was hypothetically speaking of is if I've already used my quickcast in one round and my opponent has more creatures, that means he can hold his mage's action to go last. He uses that to dispel forcefield which pops my Arcane Ward. He then uses the final quickcast phase to actually dispel the Forcefield. And then he has initiative in the next round and he can use his First Quickcast to throw an attack spell at me and at no point in any of those stages, can I specifically counter those actions.

Yes, I know I could have a Block or Reverse Attack or Jinx or a few other options already out there, but in the specific case of the Forcefield, there is nothing I could do to stop from losing it and getting hit with that 1 attack spell. Correct?

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 06, 2016, 03:18:42 PM »
I'd say the answer is "no" there's no real way to counter the 3 straight actions to remove a forcefield to sneak in an attack.  I don't think this is a bad thing however.  That would be a bit OP in my opinion.   I think wasting 3 of my opponents actions AND 2-3 spells to get one attack in is WAY worth one card and one action.

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 06, 2016, 03:20:03 PM »
I'm not sure I'm even implying anything is OP or similar, I'm just clarifying that there is nothing I could do to save myself if that situation arose and I was down to 1 life remaining.

BigL16

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 06, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
Ah, I didn't catch that you were down to 1 life.  Not much you can do to come back from that in ANY situation hehe

:)

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 06, 2016, 03:41:28 PM »
The situation I was hypothetically speaking of is if I've already used my quickcast in one round and my opponent has more creatures, that means he can hold his mage's action to go last. He uses that to dispel forcefield which pops my Arcane Ward. He then uses the final quickcast phase to actually dispel the Forcefield. And then he has initiative in the next round and he can use his First Quickcast to throw an attack spell at me and at no point in any of those stages, can I specifically counter those actions.

Yes, I know I could have a Block or Reverse Attack or Jinx or a few other options already out there, but in the specific case of the Forcefield, there is nothing I could do to stop from losing it and getting hit with that 1 attack spell. Correct?

thats what you can do, by not doing it

Brian VanAlstyne

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 06, 2016, 03:49:18 PM »
That's not what I was asking though. Maybe I used that Quickcast to put the Arcane Ward down. Or I used it to try and win the match but the dice didn't roll my way. I know what I could do if I still had actions, I'm asking if there was a Shift Enchantment, Enchantment Transfusion type action I could use to save myself. I've seen others do the ET with Poisoned Blood/Magebane (don't ask me why this is allowed to be played on a non-mage) and completely change the momentum of a game so I was wondering if there was something similar that could be done with Forcefield.

Mystery

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 06, 2016, 04:14:20 PM »
magebane for example on a familiar still works and other creatures you can cast it.

You can transfuse, block, bull endurance, reverse attack, brace yourself to survive the attack and then qc a new field
or you transfuse a jinx on the enemy mage.