May 09, 2024, 08:45:55 PM

Author Topic: Corrode and Fortified Position.  (Read 12575 times)

magerunner

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Corrode and Fortified Position.
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2014, 12:26:29 PM »
Not losing the Corrode(s) going directly from one location with Armor +x to another makes sense in terms of the previous ruling on the effect of being pushed through a wall from a zone where there is Armor +... the additional armor is retained even when receiving the passage attacks of walls.
The passage attack occurs before moving into the next zone.
I feel the ruling about switching armor would apply here as well.  The is a game state when the previous zone effects are remove then the new zone effects are applied.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2014, 04:26:13 PM »
Not losing the Corrode(s) going directly from one location with Armor +x to another makes sense in terms of the previous ruling on the effect of being pushed through a wall from a zone where there is Armor +... the additional armor is retained even when receiving the passage attacks of walls.
The passage attack occurs before moving into the next zone.
I feel the ruling about switching armor would apply here as well.  The is a game state when the previous zone effects are remove then the new zone effects are applied.

Correct
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

Quote: Shad0w the Arcmage

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2014, 05:39:35 PM »
What are you confirming here?
I can take the fun out of anything. It's true; here, look at this spreadsheet.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2014, 06:22:28 PM »
The timing of the passage attacks, I'm sure. I forgot the reasoning behind not losing the armor.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2014, 10:25:19 PM »
The timing of the passage attacks, I'm sure. I forgot the reasoning behind not losing the armor.

Yes the passage attack happens before you leave the zone so the armor would still apply.

The game does not currently allow for effect to check while a creature is on a zone border because creatures can never be on a border.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2014, 10:26:51 PM by Shad0w »
"Darth come prove to meet you are worthy of the fighting for your school in the arena and not just another scholar to be discarded like an worn out rag doll"

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2014, 09:43:27 AM »
Ok, yes. The passage attack happens before you're in the new zone. I was worried that you were saying that you lose the Armor +2 bonus while you're still in the zone.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 08, 2014, 01:54:49 AM »
Talked it over with a few people on the rules team and we may have a timing gap That allows the armor to drop but we need to review the exact wording on swapping equipment.  I will let you know the final answer

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2014, 02:51:39 PM »
Alarming.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2014, 04:17:09 PM »
Back around to my earlier state question.... :(
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 08, 2014, 04:31:52 PM »
Alarming.

logically we have no gap but one may have been opened up when the armor swap ruling was made :(

ringkichard

• Flightless Funpire
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Kich, if you prefer.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 08, 2014, 09:38:53 PM »
I don't see any reason the equipment rule has to behave the same way as the zone rule.

The equipment rule seems like it exists because you need to be able to cast a new weapon to replace an old one and send it back to your spellbook. But because you can't do two things at once, the old armor has to go back to the spellbook before the new one can attach (because new can't come before old is removed). That's two separate things that happen: old is removed, then new is attached.

Movement isn't like that., You don't leave your zone then enter a new one, you just move. Leaving an old zone and entering a new one are consequences of that movement, but they're not separate actions.

If there's ever a time where a creature has left it's old zone but not yet entered its new one, I can break the game. Email me to ask how if it's not apparent.

Shad0w

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 01:02:23 AM »
I don't see any reason the equipment rule has to behave the same way as the zone rule.

The equipment rule seems like it exists because you need to be able to cast a new weapon to replace an old one and send it back to your spellbook. But because you can't do two things at once, the old armor has to go back to the spellbook before the new one can attach (because new can't come before old is removed). That's two separate things that happen: old is removed, then new is attached.

Movement isn't like that., You don't leave your zone then enter a new one, you just move. Leaving an old zone and entering a new one are consequences of that movement, but they're not separate actions.

If there's ever a time where a creature has left it's old zone but not yet entered its new one, I can break the game. Email me to ask how if it's not apparent.

Laddin and I talked it over now we just need a final answer from Bryan

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 08:22:33 AM »

Ok but how do you remove the old one? By casting the new one first. So the new one is already waiting in the line, no waiting/gap in time here neither.

lettucemode

« Reply #28 on: June 09, 2014, 08:24:33 AM »
Yes there is a gap time with changing equipment, because that's what allows the Corrode markers to fall off.

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #29 on: June 09, 2014, 08:50:47 AM »
Yes there is a gap time with changing equipment, because that's what allows the Corrode markers to fall off.

You say: There is a gap because Corrode drop off.
Will it is: Corrode drop off because here is a gap.

The question now is: Should there be a gap? And if yes, why there is one for casting equipment while there is none for movement.
This is what Shadow talked about with Laddin. Will there be officially a gap or not.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2014, 09:14:03 AM by Wildhorn »