May 05, 2024, 08:24:21 AM

Author Topic: Weapon swapping  (Read 3332 times)

enozama

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Weapon swapping
« on: December 24, 2014, 11:59:44 AM »
Hi guys! Can't seem to find the answer to my question. If i got an equipment and I want to swap it with another that uses the same slot, do I lose my previous equipment or it goes back i  my spellbook? Logically I think it isn't destroyed, so i would be able to recast it later, but I just wanna make sure.

And since I'm in the subject of equipment: I tried the battle forge conjuration, but I don't see how it is powerful? It costs 8 mana, so it takes 8 turns for it to be efficient. The only advantage I see is that it makes you free to cast 2 spells without thinking about equipment, but then, I seem to lack mana...

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
Re: Weapon swapping
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 12:07:28 PM »
Yes, If you choose to swap out a piece of equipment, you can and it can go back into your book. if you have a hand weapon and cast another hand weapon, you could have both out or put one back, as long as one hand is free.

Most people will carry 2 chest pieces in a book because if one gets corrode markers on it, you can swap the armor, and the corrode markers fall off.

Yes, battle forge costs 8 mana, so theoretically you need 8 rounds to "pay for it" but it generates its own mana, and allows you to equip a weapon or armor with out using one on your quick actions. That can be very useful because you only have 2 actions a turn, and spending one of those to put on leather gloves, instead of force pushing an enemy into / Through a wall is cumbersome and not efficient use of your actions.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

enozama

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 12:15:17 PM »
Thanks a lot for the help! I ve been playing for 3 montgs, but I still feel like I have so much to learn! Have a nice day!

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 01:27:19 PM »
Every spawn points won't pay back before 7-8 turns. There advantage is that they give you extra actions.

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 04:15:38 PM »
Yes, If you choose to swap out a piece of equipment, you can and it can go back into your book. if you have a hand weapon and cast another hand weapon, you could have both out or put one back, as long as one hand is free.

Two pieces of equipment can not occupy the same slot at the same time. It sounds as if the OP was asking about two weapon slot items. If that is the case, then the original weapon slot equipment spell would be returned to the spell book when you cast the second. You do not have the option to keep it in your "off hand" (which is the shield slot) unless the equipment item shows that it can be held in either the weapon slot or the shield slot.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess

enozama

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 12:56:13 PM »
Thanks a lot guys for the answers! Have a nice day!