May 05, 2024, 09:29:12 AM

Author Topic: Tainted on the mages  (Read 3605 times)

enozama

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Tainted on the mages
« on: November 24, 2014, 02:20:54 PM »
Hello everyone, I was wondering how the tainted poison worked on the mages? For making it easier to follow, we reduced the maximum life of the mage instead of making the damage counter goes up, but I can't help myself to think it's not the way we should do it (though it is easier to follow it this way)! Thanks in advance!

lukard

Re: Tainted on the mages
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 02:45:19 PM »
Hi enozama,

How about adding three damage (as described in the Codex) and add an extra tainted marker on my mage's status board as a reminder?

Cheers,
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 02:49:14 PM by Lukard »

enozama

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 02:47:07 PM »
Thanks a lot for the quick answer!

Cheers!

Wildhorn

• Superior artificial brain, feel free to call me Blaine.
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • Mage Wars Quebec
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 11:01:56 PM »
Hello everyone, I was wondering how the tainted poison worked on the mages? For making it easier to follow, we reduced the maximum life of the mage instead of making the damage counter goes up, but I can't help myself to think it's not the way we should do it (though it is easier to follow it this way)! Thanks in advance!

Actually it is the good way to do it. Tainted reduce Life, it doesnt deal damage. But put markers on the mage to remember its reduced life come from the Tainted and if the markers get removed, increase back the mage Life.

V10lentray

• Member of Arcane Duels
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 11:06:05 PM »
per the codex -

Tainted (Condition Marker)
This cursed or venomous attack creates a tainted or infected wound that will not heal. Tainted is a poison condition. The marker counts as three damage, and this damage cannot be healed or regenerated. The marker has a removal cost of 3, and can be removed normally by spells or abilities which remove conditions, even if the Tainted object has the Finite Life trait. A Tainted marker placed by an attack does not count as damage dealt by the attack.

So you're saying if I remove the tainted markers I "heal" 3 damage
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

Zuberi

• Rules Guru
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 57
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2014, 11:14:08 PM »
Per the codex, the Tainted condition counts as damage, not as reduced life (although mechanically I tend to think of it as reduced life in my head because it is more similar to that than it is normal damage).

If you remove the Tainted condition, then you also remove the damage associated with it. This sort of "healing" bypasses the Finite Life trait, per the codex entry for Tainted.