May 02, 2024, 10:41:22 AM

Author Topic: Reverse Attack, Block  (Read 3138 times)

Hekireky

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Reverse Attack, Block
« on: October 27, 2012, 06:02:41 AM »
Can Reverse Attack only be used against ranged and melee attacks from creatures and equipment or do fireballs and other attack spells can be Reverse Attacked aswell? Also, can Block only be used against melee attacks or ranged attacks aswell? (does that mean, can you block fireballs and other attack spells aswell?)

Thanks!

Gewar

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 5
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Attack, Block
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2012, 07:33:06 AM »
I don't have cards here right now, but every Attack Spell is spell and attack - so all effects afecting attacks affect Attack Spells as well.

For Block I can't tell without seing a card - if it mentions "meele attack", it works only agaist them (regular and any meele attack spell), if "attack" - it works against every attack (meele, ranged, regular and attack spells).
"I've seen this spell before - sold in alleys, brothels, and taverns. Men want more life. Always, they want more life."
- Rae Ashar, Wench of the Flying Dragon

Arcanus

• Administrator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Reverse Attack, Block
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2012, 09:39:51 AM »
Both Block and Reverse Attack can be used against ANY attack.  And they MUST be revealed when the creature they are attached to is attacked. However, they automatically fail against an UNAVOIDABLE attack (an attack with the unavoidable trait).

For clarification:  There are 2 main types of attacks, melee and ranged.  95% of all attacks are either melee or ranged.  All spell attacks, like Fireball, are always ranged attacks.  You can always tell because in the gray metallic "attack bar" will be an arrow icon for ranged attacks, or a sword icon for melee attacks.

Other types of attacks include damage barriers and wall attacks.  A few special attacks have no particular category, such as the special 3 dice unavoidable "bash" attack which occurs when a creature is pushed into a wall with the passage blocks trait.

Hope all of that helps!