May 05, 2024, 12:28:44 AM

Author Topic: Necromancer vs. Forcemaster  (Read 3126 times)

Halewijn

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 6
    • View Profile
Necromancer vs. Forcemaster
« on: August 05, 2015, 10:01:00 AM »
Yesterday my necromancer was battling a forcemaster and I lost horribly. Even though my deck had many manouvring spells in them it seems like the necro is doomed to lose vs a forcemaster.

- She can outmanouvre your slow pest zombies all the time. She is just much better in it. With skeletons this problem isn't as bas, but still.
- When using little, stronger zombies her defences are hard to get trough.
- When using a swarm, she can quickly dash to the other side of the arena and summon a suppression orb/mordoks Obelisk. You almost have to kill all your small zombies then because they won't be able to do anything before depleting your mana completely.
- You could use a curse strategy, but let's assume your deck does not include enough curses for that.

Druid vs. warlock is running uphill, but I feel like necro vs forcemaster is more Climbing a mountain for the necro.

So the question: How would your necromancer fight a forcemaster?
  • Favourite Mage: Bloodwave Warlord
When in doubt kill it with fire? I never doubt and crush them right away.

sIKE

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 18
  • Ugh
    • View Profile
Re: Necromancer vs. Forcemaster
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 11:43:27 AM »
  • Several pairs of Eagle Claw boots and matching Nullifies, and make her come to you.
  • Don't chase her, make her come to you to try and kill you.
  • If the FM is using a Forcefield, Wall of Thorns + Push will basically remove all of those FF tokens.
  • Brutes don't have the pest trait.
  • Use walls though the center of the arena to minimize her mobility (keep her on your side of the wall if possible) and then use Zombie Frenzy to make a mobile kill pit.
  • Enfeeble + Agony will slow her down and make her attacks less effective
  • Tanglevine/Stranglevine

Should give you some ideas....
  • Favourite Mage: Malakai Priest

Schwenkgott

• Thunderdome
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 11:51:48 AM »
- Cloak of Shadows to force her to come very near

- Surging Wave, Knockdown, Tanglevine to overcome her defense
Akiro, I have never prayed to you before. No one will remember if we were good men or bad. Why we fought, or why we died. All that matters is that one stood against many. That's what's important! Valor pleases you, Akiro... so grant me strength! And if you do not listen, then to HELL with you!

silverclawgrizzly

• Charlotte Mage Warrior
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2015, 11:29:42 AM »
You can  use curses such as Enfeeble and Agony to take a lot of her bite out. Chains of Agony will long game wear her down as well. Mage Bane makes her pay every time she does that force pull trick. A lot of Force Masters jack themselves with Enchantments, thus Arcane Corruption is your friend. Play the Dispel Attrition Game, does she have more Dispels than you do curses? Probably not.

Poison Gas Clouds will make her either have to stop and deal with them or make her fight in a zone hospitable to you.

Venemous Zombies and Drain Soul can swing things your way quickly.

Save Dispels for Force Crush and use your superior numbers to wear down Force Fields. Also throwing them through a Wall of Thorns works.

Demonhide Armor is effective in helping ease some pain by sharing it.

Dissolve her Psi-Orb, it pays off in the long run.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster
What we must all remember is no matter the game we were all newbies at one point.