May 05, 2024, 06:20:20 AM

Author Topic: Mage Wars Release UPDATE  (Read 12506 times)

patrickconnor

Mage Wars Release UPDATE
« on: August 27, 2012, 09:16:12 PM »
Thank you so much for your continued interest and support in Mage Wars. Due to a shipping delay from our printer Cartamundi (our dice are tied up with customs), we have to move our target arrival date to retail stores back about one week. Product will be shipped out directly from Cartamundi to Distributors and Fulfillment Centers on or about September 7th, 2012, and should arrive at target destinations (retailers and individuals) about a week after that, placing us on or about September 14th.  Thank you for your patience and please contact us at customerservice@arcanewonders.com if you have any further questions.

gaiman

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Mage Wars Release UPDATE
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2012, 01:11:25 AM »
September 14th is for European Distributors too?

Thanks

Volcanos

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
Re: Meet the Mods
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2012, 04:43:49 AM »
Hi Sean,
I,m Ray from Australia and am eagerly awaiting the release. Do you tHink it will reach our stores in time for Xmas?
Salivating

patrickconnor

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2012, 07:29:31 PM »
*****Mage Wars Update***** Our printer, Cartamundi, will have our dice on Thursday and begin packout. Products will be ready to ship out as early as Friday, but most will ship out next week – starting with Tuesday, September 4th. We will keep you posted with the most current information. Thanks for your patience.

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2012, 08:23:31 PM »
Hey Ray,

Thanks a lot for your interest in the game. We are as excited as you to get this game out to everybody interested.

We don't have an official release date for Australia. However, if you order it here on the website, we have some copies that we can ship internationally.

The online store is not equipped to automatically calculate the shipping, but if you email us at customerservice@arcanewonders.com, I am sure we can work out the details.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Thomas Huzl

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2012, 05:42:04 AM »
Also looking forward to see the game hit Australian stores (hopefully soon after US release). I could not justify spending $190 for international postage. i am also psyched to hear the force master vs warlord and Necromancer vs Druid booster packs are already being planned
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

thuzl

• New Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2012, 07:44:55 PM »
WOW! $190!! WOW!!!

Well, it was a thought, anyway.  :oops:

Hedge

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2012, 08:25:50 PM »
Quote from: "nitrodavid"
Also looking forward to see the game hit Australian stores (hopefully soon after US release). I could not justify spending $190 for international postage. i am also psyched to hear the force master vs warlord and Necromancer vs Druid booster packs are already being planned  

Does that include the cost of the Core set and Core Tome?

Hedge

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2012, 10:09:42 PM »
Quote from: "Hedge" post=837
Does that include the cost of the Core set and Core Tome?

Hedge

The $190 is just the international shipping cost for US to Australia through UPS, including the Core Set and Core Tome it was around $270.
Being Aussie we place all our cards face down, apart from enchantments which are face up

Volcanos

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2012, 03:30:30 AM »
Us Aussies will have to just wait for the games, arrival. Hope it makes it here by Xmas.
Thanks anyway guys.

SeanDeCoy

• Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2012, 10:44:26 AM »
We're working hard to implement alternate shipping methods on the store so that international shipping won't be so difficult.

One way you can help is to request from your local retailer that they pre-order through their major distributor. If their distributor isn't carrying the game, they should definitely contact us!

nitrodavid

• Sr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 7
    • View Profile
    • East Coast Hobbies
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2012, 01:01:25 AM »
Quote from: "SeanDeCoy" post=853
We're working hard to implement alternate shipping methods on the store so that international shipping won't be so difficult.

One way you can help is to request from your local retailer that they pre-order through their major distributor. If their distributor isn't carrying the game, they should definitely contact us!

i have already asked my local retailer to reserve the game for me, so i know they are getting it in. but they still have no information on the release date.

Volcanos

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2012, 06:55:51 PM »
Hi,
I,m also able to preorder but past experience has taught me to be a patient boy in this regard as us Aussies are so far away! But it,s so hard as this game looks so fantastic!! My son and I can,t wait for our first match. I've watched every review and video and I,d have to say that this game looks so good that this game will replace mtg for me which is an enormous feat as I,m a long time  mtg fan. Well done Bryan and team. An excellent design.
Cheers Ray

Mestrahd

• Apprentice
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2012, 07:42:14 PM »
Does being Aussie make you put your apostrophes down under? :)

Klaxas

• Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2012, 07:52:29 PM »
i can say this game has replaced MTG for me.  now MTG has been going down for me for a long time as i couldnt aford it any longer.  but this game gives me the same thrill and excitement without the collectable aspect.  with a purchace of 60 dollars i have a complete set.  (maybe not as many cards of each as i want, but still i have every card available.)
Favorite Mage: The one I am using.