May 21, 2024, 06:26:31 AM

Author Topic: Guardian of the Young Priest (apprentice arena variant spellbook)  (Read 2473 times)

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Priest spellbook for my new "Apprentice Arena" variant. Rules can be found here: http://forum.arcanewonders.com/index.php?topic=15604.0

[spellbook]
[spellbookheader]
[spellbookname]Guardian of the young priest[/spellbookname]
[mage]A Priest Spellbook[/mage]
[mage]built by the OCTGN SBB[/mage]
[/spellbookheader]
[spells]
[spellclass]Attack[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1A01]1 x Blinding Flash[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A11]1 x Pillar of Light[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKA01]1 x Surging Wave[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1A08]1 x Geyser[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Conjuration[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1J08]1 x Hand of Bim-Shalla[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1J04]1 x Battle Forge[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1W04]1 x Wall of Thorns[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Creature[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKC06]1 x Guardian Angel[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Enchantment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1E11]1 x Divine Intervention[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE03]1 x Healing Charm[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKE01]1 x Armor Ward[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO42]1 x Circle of Light[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO64]1 x Bear Strength[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Equipment[/spellclass]
[mwcard=MW1Q29]1 x Staff of Asyra[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q03]1 x Crown of Protection[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q33]1 x Wind Wyvern Hide[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX1CKQ06]1 x Eagleclaw Boots[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q27]1 x Dawnbreaker Ring[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO22]1 x Wand of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO49]1 x Ring of Healing[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1Q07]1 x Elemental Cloak[/mwcard]
[spellclass]Incantation[/spellclass]
[mwcard=FWI14]1 x Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI12]1 x Minor Heal[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I16]1 x Lay Hands[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I07]1 x Dissolve[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I20]1 x Purify[/mwcard]
[mwcard=FWI11]1 x Dispel[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I28]1 x Teleport[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWPROMO6]1 x Clear Mind[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MWSTX2FFI06]1 x Defend[/mwcard]
[mwcard=MW1I12]1 x Force Push[/mwcard]
[/spells]
[cost]Total cost: 60 pts[/cost]
[/spellbook]

Open with battleforge in zone adjacent to start, and qc face down armor ward, then summon guardian angel holy avenger round 2 and equip yourself with ring of asyra from forge. Once movement and attacking is allowed round 3, use your angel to guard the forge or to attack the enemy mage. If opponent goes aggressive, put bear strength on angel and some armor and damage barrier on self then let him attack you, so that you can revenge. If opponent has more than one creature attack you, use guardian angel to guard while your priest lays on the hurt and the dazes. Burns will help too.

If opponent goes turtling with walls, put bear strength on guardian angel to fly over the walls and start attacking while you build up with forge, then climb in. if they try to get out, climb after them so you can get more forge stuff. put divine intervention on them to keep them from escaping again and attack until they're dead. If they run away from you, send guardian angel after them (she has flying after all), and use some positioning spells like force push, teleport, divine intervention etc to get them in range for attacks from both you and your angel.

You can also finish things with wall of thorns push.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 06:43:37 AM by Sailor Vulcan »
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Re: Guardian of the Young Priest (apprentice arena variant spellbook)
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 08:42:40 AM »
It's ok to see someone coming up with house rules and such but shouldn't this be posted in the "Creative" folder then ?

Thinking : Spellbook Design and Construction is better reserved for the "official" spellbooks ...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2015, 08:46:06 AM by Borg »

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 11:27:56 AM »
Seriously? This is not off topic. Do you actually believe it's offtopic? It's not like there's a list of "approved" formats for the spellbook design and construction section, and everything else is banned. That's kinda ridiculous.

And it isn't just house rules, it is an entirely new version of apprentice mode that's been designed to be more than just a tutorial mode.

Or maybe I'm wrong, and you actually DO think it's offtopic, and I'm just noticing random coincidences?

There's a LOT more that I wanted to say, but I'm just going to leave it with this:

You said this would be better in the creative section, even though it's no more likely to get feedback there than here. If you don't believe that this thread is off topic, that implies that you said it was (or tried to) for some other reason, and the intent was likely not to provide actually constructive feedback. Considering that  you are already familiar with these forums, the probability that you sincerely believed that this thread really is sufficiently off topic that it would be better in the creative section, is very low.

If your feedback is not actually intended to be constructive, there's no reason to give it.
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

wtcannonjr

• Ambassador of Wychwood
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
    • WBC Mage Wars Tournament
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 06:23:24 AM »
It's ok to see someone coming up with house rules and such but shouldn't this be posted in the "Creative" folder then ?

Thinking : Spellbook Design and Construction is better reserved for the "official" spellbooks ...

I would agree. This seems like it belongs in an "alternate play" folder.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid
"Not everything that is faced can be changed, but nothing can be changed until it is faced." - James Baldwin

Borg

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 08:51:14 AM »
Your post is certainly not off topic, sailor, this is all MW related after all, but like you said in your opening line, it's a variant.

As far as I know, and since you made up the rules yourself, you're the only player playing by these rules, so I'm not sure what it is doing in a folder dedicated to the official 120 sbp books, the ruleset that everybody uses.

About feedback : I'm not familiar with 60 pt spellbooks, so I can't really comment on the book and its effectiveness but what comes to mind right away is that since you've halved the amount of SBP's the importance of each sbp has doubled ( from 0.083% to 1.66% per sbp ) , making in-school spells much more interesting/important/affordable for each mage.

As such, I wouldn't be surprised if the Wizard turned out to be really overpowered in this format considering he can get Mage Wand, Elemental Wand, Dispel, Seeking Dispel ( even Dissolve for Water Wizards ) etc so cheap.

4 sbp's for a Teleport in this format is a huge investment ( 6.66% ), so every non-arcane mage has a serious disadvantage in this format. And Warlord may turn out to be unable to compete.

Have fun with it anyway, no matter what anyone else ( myself included ) says. It's your game ;)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2015, 03:09:43 AM by Borg »