May 13, 2024, 08:26:37 PM

Author Topic: Critical Strike Promo  (Read 2955 times)

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
Critical Strike Promo
« on: January 05, 2015, 04:33:28 PM »
its an enchantment that gives your first attack of the round pierce +3. Its a promo that came out a long time ago. I'm guessing around the time of forcelord versus Warmaster.

I would rather that it work as an opposite to the Veteran's Belt. What i mean is that the first attack of a round, it turns 2 normal damage into critical damage.

The old critical strike is better with big attacks(lots of normal damage) against opponents which have a fair amount of armor. It is bad with smaller attacks against high armor opponents because that piercing doesnt remove enough armor to get any normal damage through. With brace yourself it is now trivial to get even small creatures up to 5 armor.

I guess what i am saying is that if critical strike ever becomes more than a promo, I think it would be more fun my way as a reverse Veteran's Belt.
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

sdougla2

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 19
    • View Profile
Re: Critical Strike Promo
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2015, 04:58:06 PM »
It would also suddenly become useful against zombies and Devouring Jellies.
  • Favourite Mage: Straywood Beastmaster

echephron

• Player
  • Playtester
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • The finest in mage wear...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2015, 05:09:01 PM »
thanks for catching that
  • Favourite Mage: Wychwood Druid

DaveW

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2015, 06:54:20 AM »
This is a primo awesome idea. I wonder if promos are ever modified though... Once we have promo cards in our hands, does AW ever change the card? I know that there have been a few (HoBS, for example) that were changed after production though.

Does anyone know where there is a list of promos being maintained? I have a few Critical Strike cards and thought that they were out for normal play by now.
  • Favourite Mage: Asyra Priestess