May 04, 2024, 08:28:47 AM

Author Topic: Rouse the Beast in Team Games  (Read 3868 times)

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
Rouse the Beast in Team Games
« on: June 13, 2016, 01:44:41 PM »
I was asked an interesting question during the Mage Wars Team Battles:

Is it possible to target the same creature multiple times in the same round with [mwcard=MW1I23]Rouse the Beast[/mwcard] in team games through multiple mages of the same team?

This of course isn’t intended with this card, but per wording I had to say yes. The card reads “you” can’t target a creature multiple times, but in my understanding, “you” is a single player in team games. Would the card say “A creature can’t be targeted multiple times per round”, this wouldn’t be possible, but “you can only cast this one time per round on the same creature” actually would allow this.

Thoughts?
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
Re: Rouse the Beast in Team Games
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2016, 01:53:42 PM »
No it does not work in team games. We've been working to improve out wordings to make them easier to understand in a multiplayer setting, but this was from the first set.

netzhuffle

• Playtester
  • Jr. Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
  • Swiss Mage Wars Ambassador
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2016, 05:53:44 PM »
But currently how it’s worded on the card, it would work, or am I wrong in my understanding of the card text?
netzhuffle – Jannis Grimm, German Mage Wars Head Judge. headjudge@magewars.de

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2016, 11:43:35 PM »
But currently how it’s worded on the card, it would work, or am I wrong in my understanding of the card text?

With this wording, a familiar or your opponent could cast it a second time in a 2 players game!

Sailor Vulcan

• Secret Identity: Imaginator
  • Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 3
    • View Profile
Rouse the Beast in Team Games
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2016, 09:27:15 AM »
Whenever an Arcane Wonders staff member says what the rules as intended are, it would probably be wise to consider that an official ruling for the purposes of casual play and unofficial tournaments, even when it contradicts rules as written.
  • Favourite Mage: Salenia Forcemaster
I am Sailor Vulcan! Champion of justice and reason! And yes, I am already aware my uniform is considered flashy, unprofessional, and borderline sexually provocative for my species by most intelligent lifeforms. I did not choose this outfit. Shut up.

aridigas

• Playtester
  • Full Mage
  • Banana Stickers 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2016, 09:34:06 AM »
No it does not work in team games. We've been working to improve out wordings to make them easier to understand in a multiplayer setting, but this was from the first set.

So were Huginn and the Wizard!

Laddinfance

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2016, 09:41:14 AM »

So were Huginn and the Wizard!

Yes they were. "You" is meant to be you, the player. So, no you can't have Huginn cast a Rouse on something that has already been Roused. I'm glad you've all pointed this out now. I'm, slowly, working through some edits and additions for the Supplement. This will be added.

exid

• Legendary Mage
  • Banana Stickers 4
  • The longer the better!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2016, 11:21:29 PM »
Whenever an Arcane Wonders staff member says what the rules as intended are, it would probably be wise to consider that an official ruling for the purposes of casual play and unofficial tournaments, even when it contradicts rules as written.
it's very difficult to have the forum by our side when we play and look in each topic for every Laddinfance's rullings!

I'm, slowly, working through some edits and additions for the Supplement. This will be added.
that's the sollution!

something like "RtB can't be cast more than once per turn on the same creature"?