Mage Wars > Mages

Araxian Crown Warlock

<< < (2/3) > >>

Sailor Vulcan:
You can win a tournament with any mage. That's not just an opinion, it's a fact. Some mages are just more difficult to learn how to play well than others. For instance, it took at least a year after conquest of Kumanjaro came out before people started to figure out how to use them well. And before that everyone assumed they were just weak mages.

Personally it took me forever to realize that the priest before forged in fire usually needed a battle forge or a cheaper holy avenger to work right.

Anyone who claims that some mages are not tournament viable lacks experience in this game. This isn't magic the gathering folks. A mage is not a single deck archetype. And we got a good spell point system here, so anything that would in another game unbalance play unbalances deck construction instead.

By the way notice I said experience rather than skill. You can be playing this game for years and still kinda suck at it sometimes, but still understand it well enough to realize that Arraxian crown warlock is plenty viable and to claim otherwise is just silly.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using Tapatalk

Enti:

--- Quote from: silverclawgrizzly on March 25, 2018, 10:01:23 AM ---You can win a tournament with the Warlock in my opinion.

--- End quote ---

Everything is possible. The question is how likely an event is.
If you need empirical data to be convinced just look at the 3 last major tournaments and see for yourself how many warlocks are in the top3. My guess is zero. Probably even stays zero if you look at top5.
Of course, that does not prove that it is not possible.
For example in an only warlocks-tournament chances are suddenly pretty high that a male warlock makes it into the top3 :p

So yes, it is possible for a warlock to win a tournament, but it's highly unlikely.

--- Quote from: Sailor Vulcan on March 25, 2018, 10:35:09 AM --- Some mages are just more difficult to learn how to play well than others.
--- End quote ---

Aww, it's so frustrating, we both had this discussion x times already. Of course experience with a mage (the skill of the player) is a major factor. But why is it that you cannot accept that not every mage is perfectly balanced. There are clear and significant power level differences.

Take the Siren, worst mage by far. That does not mean that nobody is able to play her yet - it's that the cards are not balanced - not by a long shot. Water-school cards are inherently inferior to literally any other school. Not least because of the limiting card pool she has (cheap) access to.

silverclawgrizzly:
Many of us consider Mace to be a "major" tournament. It gets a decent crowd and people come from all over the United States and beyond to play. Araxian took second place last year.

zot:
this thread was just pointed out to me today. ac warlock did just fine at origins....

RomeoXero:
Boom! Atta boy zot! Well done with that big daddy AC! Araxian Crown for life!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version